Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Issues with 991.2 base MT?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 07:16 PM
Plimpington2
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I have a 2017 991.2 MT C4, about 4 weeks old. I am having two issues with the car, one serious and one an annoyance.

The serious issue is that there is a terrible "clunk" sound whenever the clutch is engaged or disengaged under load. At this point I believe it results from bad clutch springs (or worse, a bad dual mass flywheel). It has happened since day one. I finally took it to the dealer across town who drove it and said it's clearly not right. I also test drive a new 991.2 MT at that dealer, and it had no such issue. It is being booked in for warranty work on the 20th of this month. Had I been able to to test drive this specific car before buying, I would have sought a different sample.

The second issue is that the driver's side mirror depresses at odd intervals. Very annoying. That's being looked at under warranty as well.

Judd
Old 10-11-2016, 07:30 PM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Plimpington2
Well, I have a 2017 991.2 MT C4, about 4 weeks old. I am having two issues with the car, one serious and one an annoyance.

The serious issue is that there is a terrible "clunk" sound whenever the clutch is engaged or disengaged under load. At this point I believe it results from bad clutch springs (or worse, a bad dual mass flywheel). It has happened since day one. I finally took it to the dealer across town who drove it and said it's clearly not right. I also test drive a new 991.2 MT at that dealer, and it had no such issue. It is being booked in for warranty work on the 20th of this month. Had I been able to to test drive this specific car before buying, I would have sought a different sample.

The second issue is that the driver's side mirror depresses at odd intervals. Very annoying. That's being looked at under warranty as well.

Judd
You could not drive it before taking delivery?

Quick Reply: Issues with 991.2 base MT?