Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The story of my new-to-me 2013 C2S Cab

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 10:34 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Needsdecaf - you ever had a Volvo S60/V70R By chance?
Old 10-03-2016, 11:08 AM
77tony
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 116 Posts

Great intro. If you ever in the hood (Rockport), shoot me a pm for a coffee-decaf of course T
Old 10-03-2016, 11:39 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,581 Likes on 1,604 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
Needsdecaf - you ever had a Volvo S60/V70R By chance?
Yes sir. 2004 V70R. Judging by your username, I gather you have as well.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:56 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Yes sir. 2004 V70R. Judging by your username, I gather you have as well.
Best car I ever had. I was the second in the US to have a turbo upgrade and the only running R in the country for years with a bigger turbo - the first was IPD's... essentially the bones to mine since I bought THE kit they used. Absolutely LOVED that car. Then GTR and a couple M Roadsters and then Jag XKR... so many R cars Now just a caRReRa... 400hp is just right for me nowadays

Happy to see you finally made it here to the dark side.

Old 10-03-2016, 07:06 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Totally remember your car as soon as I saw that pic. You were one of the first ones pushing the envelope on that platform. It was so moddable and, in retrospect, pretty cheaply too!

I ended up trading in our VR on the 535 mentioned above. I think if that car had a 6MT instead of the Girltronic, I might still have it. Mine wasn't heavily modded: tune, downpipe, JRL mod on otherwise stock exhaust, and IPD upgraded sways. Still love that I had a roughly 350 HP wagon with 4 piston Brembos.
Old 10-03-2016, 08:07 PM
fjpdds
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 14 Posts

Outstanding....livin' the life.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:40 PM
Money2536
Rennlist Member

Received 239 Likes on 78 Posts

I'm so happy for you my friend!
Old 10-04-2016, 09:49 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Totally remember your car as soon as I saw that pic. You were one of the first ones pushing the envelope on that platform. It was so moddable and, in retrospect, pretty cheaply too!

I ended up trading in our VR on the 535 mentioned above. I think if that car had a 6MT instead of the Girltronic, I might still have it. Mine wasn't heavily modded: tune, downpipe, JRL mod on otherwise stock exhaust, and IPD upgraded sways. Still love that I had a roughly 350 HP wagon with 4 piston Brembos.
The Bolt on parts are cheap now... haha. Getting people to machine and parts for a custom build and taking and SUV angle gear after snapping mine, etc... Should have either stopped at a tune or bought an M5 for less money...

Glad you made it to the dark side. I saw some sweedspeeders on the M Roadster forum awhile back too. Fun to see what car paths people go down.

Problem with Porsche is once you have one... you always have to have one.
Old 10-04-2016, 10:03 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 77tony
Great intro. If you ever in the hood (Rockport), shoot me a pm for a coffee-decaf of course T
Haha, one of these days I need to make it down that way. I will certainly let you know, and if you head toward H-Town, let me know! BTW, I do drink caffeine, that name goes WAY back.

Originally Posted by fjpdds
Outstanding....livin' the life.
Thank you sir!

Originally Posted by Money2536
I'm so happy for you my friend!
Thanks Matt, and thanks for the advice on the manual. I'm very happy with the choice. Watching videos of you and Adam bombing around roads I just took on makes me realize two things. 1. I should have gotten a few GoPros for the trip. 2. I should have spent more time up in the Smokies and said damn the time frame!
Old 10-07-2016, 11:09 AM
363ny
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 13 Posts

Superb job on the write up and pictures! That was a very enjoyable read.

I also grew up in Rockland and seeing Wide World of Car mentioned made me smile and yearn for simpler times gone bye. They are still there in the same location.

Enjoy your new 911!
Old 10-09-2016, 10:57 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 363ny
Superb job on the write up and pictures! That was a very enjoyable read.

I also grew up in Rockland and seeing Wide World of Car mentioned made me smile and yearn for simpler times gone bye. They are still there in the same location.

Enjoy your new 911!
Thanks!

Wide World is an awesome place to loiter, lol. By the time I was old enough to afford a BMW, I wasn't around there any more. But I'll never forget one time in the mid 90's my College buddy was staying over my dad's house with me, and on Saturday morning, I went over to WWOC to show him the lineup. They used to have two large tinted windows that looked from the showroom into the shop. As we peered through, I saw that the back doors to the shop were open......and a Ferrari Club meeting was going on! There were two F40's, two F50's (pre Enzo remember) and a bunch of cool stuff, older and newer.

Pretty awesome for a 20 year old.
Old 10-09-2016, 01:18 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Thanks!

Wide World is an awesome place to loiter, lol. By the time I was old enough to afford a BMW, I wasn't around there any more. But I'll never forget one time in the mid 90's my College buddy was staying over my dad's house with me, and on Saturday morning, I went over to WWOC to show him the lineup. They used to have two large tinted windows that looked from the showroom into the shop. As we peered through, I saw that the back doors to the shop were open......and a Ferrari Club meeting was going on! There were two F40's, two F50's (pre Enzo remember) and a bunch of cool stuff, older and newer.

Pretty awesome for a 20 year old.
ummm - I'm 35 and a half and I still think it would be pretty awesome.
Old 10-10-2016, 12:56 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,117 Posts

That is the ultimate buying experience, and then to take the cross country trip home is icing n the cake. Congrats!
Old 10-10-2016, 10:17 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
That is the ultimate buying experience, and then to take the cross country trip home is icing n the cake. Congrats!
Thanks, it was an absolute blast!
Old 10-24-2016, 12:44 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

So this weekend, I completed my second wash of the car. I have to say that am happy there is no major damage to the paint but oh that clear bra is awful and the swirls are driving me nuts. Can't wait to have paint correction done.

The rust. The rust from the wheels is HORRIBLE! I can't believe that I now have two sets of rust stains, one in the driveway and one in the garage from the rust off the wheels. Will Hydes stop this? I've had cars with rusty rotors before, but not ones that literally dropped pools of rusty water.

Using Meguiars Wheel Brightener, properly diluted. Been using it for a while now on multiple cars, including my Cayenne. Could that be the issue? Or is it just the rotors?

Help!!

Quick Reply: The story of my new-to-me 2013 C2S Cab