Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Seat Alternative - Ride Safer Travel Vest!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 11:25 AM
webhead49
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Seat Alternative - Ride Safer Travel Vest!

Saw a couple of other carseat threads with folks wanting to figure out which booster or rear facing seat would work best in the 911. My wife is a pretty picky person when it comes to car seat safety, so did a lot of research when I bought my C6 corvette several years ago--since most car seats aren't meant to be installed in the front seat.

So we found that there is a company that makes these travel vests that are considered legal car seats for kids that can be forward facing in a car, that don't mess up the leather or otherwise scratch the interior. We've been using them for the last 4-5 years and love them:

http://ridesafertravelvest.com/

When I moved over to my 911, we found it to be just about perfect for the Porsche to allow the kids to enjoy the ride (though if they are old enough for a no back booster--those are pretty nice as well.

My wife and I have a pair for our kids, and one is always in each of our cars in case we need to transport a friend's kid from time to time. Makes a great backup for those times your kid needs to go with a friend or grandma/grandpa across town and you don't want to install a full seat.

Also great for traveling with kids on planes, as you can use them in taxis and rentals and they are legal car seats.

At $150 they cost less than your last suncoast order--just get a couple to keep around, they are great.

Anyways, just thought I'd share this here since I couldn't search up the vests on Rennlist (and no, this isn't a sales post--I just really dig these things!) (Also, they sell on amazon as well--which is where I order anyways)
Old 09-26-2016, 11:49 AM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Subscribed.

Quick Reply: Car Seat Alternative - Ride Safer Travel Vest!