Sponsored by:

New-To-Me C2S!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 10:16 AM
The Fat Kid
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Default New-To-Me C2S!

I picked up a Racing Yellow '12 CPO C2S on Friday! The interior is in excellent shape, and the exterior is "good" for a 41k-mile car with some touched-up rock chips and swirl marks. I actually sort of like that it has been used instead of a low-mileage garage queen; now I will enjoy driving it more, and worry about it less. I have only driven it a handful of times (weekends are mayhem with our crazy 16-month-old son), but it is awesome and PSE is ridiculous

I traded in a '15 S4 since I no longer need a daily driver, therefore we can have one "fun car" and we still have our beater/daycare mobile since we live in an urban-ish area.

I already ordered the sport design steering wheel (base wheel with buttons is TERRIBLE for manual mode), and a set of gloss black Carrera S wheels for winter duty from RL classifieds. A convertible car seat that will actually fit in the back seat is also on its way.

I want to thank STG, his "HFS" thread (and everyone who contributed), and all the questions he answered via email. Let me know if anyone needs a pair of eyes, or someone to take a test drive, on a weekday in the Boston area; I sold my business in August, and will be taking it easy for a couple of months before going back into the corporate world.

My salesman is really nice (even gave me a car cover someone turned in with a lease return), and I want to post his details for anyone looking:

Jeffrey M. Akasten
PORSCHE OF WESTWOOD
781-234-2052

Old 09-19-2016, 10:26 AM
Geiss
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You struck gold. That's a beauty. Completely agree when the car is already thrashed it makes driving it easier. I think we deserve more pics please preferably in different light conditions.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:35 AM
wsjchoi
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Love the yellow and the black wheels.. congrats!!!
Old 09-19-2016, 10:39 AM
The Fat Kid
Pro

Originally Posted by Geiss
You struck gold. That's a beauty. Completely agree when the car is already thrashed it makes driving it easier. I think we deserve more pics please preferably in different light conditions.
I think I might have been the first person at the dealer; it had just been listed when I found it on the locator.

I was not sure if yellow/black would be too much, but I love it. I had not driven a mile before people were waving and giving me thumbs up!

Shooting a bright yellow car with black wheels in direct sunlight is tough, especially with a cell-phone camera. Maybe I will get out the MF film cameras for some better photos
Old 09-19-2016, 10:55 AM
The Fat Kid
Pro

Originally Posted by wsjchoi
Love the yellow and the black wheels.. congrats!!!
Thanks! I am not usually a big fan of black wheels, but really like how they go with yellow.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:58 AM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Beautiful, I love the yellow! A sports car should stand out!

I totally agree with you on the miles, I got mine with 30k and now have over 70k... it's been an absolute blast for every mile and aside from a couple tiny parts that needed to be replaced early on, has been totally bulletproof.

Good call on the steering wheel, I replaced mine as well and it's 1000x better.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:09 AM
Geiss
Instructor

If I ever see your car, I'm stealing it.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:21 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by The Fat Kid
I think I might have been the first person at the dealer; it had just been listed when I found it on the locator.

I was not sure if yellow/black would be too much, but I love it. I had not driven a mile before people were waving and giving me thumbs up!

Shooting a bright yellow car with black wheels in direct sunlight is tough, especially with a cell-phone camera. Maybe I will get out the MF film cameras for some better photos

Congrats once again!!

Great you snatched this one up as soon as you saw it listed. A CPO too at a great price! Lowest priced CPO 991 C2S I've seen. A beauty! The Yellow/Black is a very sporty combo.

Thanks for sharing your car with us
Old 09-19-2016, 11:25 AM
The Fat Kid
Pro

Originally Posted by Dewinator
Beautiful, I love the yellow! A sports car should stand out!

I totally agree with you on the miles, I got mine with 30k and now have over 70k... it's been an absolute blast for every mile and aside from a couple tiny parts that needed to be replaced early on, has been totally bulletproof.

Good call on the steering wheel, I replaced mine as well and it's 1000x better.
I managed to get out for a quick drive Saturday night after our son fell asleep. I was driving on a tree-lined street and heard a loud thud as an acorn landed on the back of the car, and instantly though, "Well, it would not be the car's first ding!" I was still glad to find no damage

I drove my DSG S4 with the paddles 99% of the time, so I knew the base wheel was getting swapped immediately.

If I ever see your car, I'm stealing it.
No way. Steal the pumpkin Targa instead

Originally Posted by STG
Congrats once again!!

Great you snatched this one up as soon as you saw it listed. A CPO too at a great price! Lowest priced CPO 991 C2S I've seen. A beauty! The Yellow/Black is a very sporty combo.

Thanks for sharing your car with us
Thanks!

I could not have done it without your thread
Old 09-19-2016, 11:46 AM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

looks great!
Old 09-19-2016, 12:04 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by The Fat Kid

Steal the pumpkin Targa instead Thanks!

I could not have done it without your thread

Old 09-19-2016, 12:43 PM
Geiss
Instructor

Had I known STG was so resourceful I would have sought his advice . All hail STG.
Old 09-19-2016, 12:46 PM
STG
Race Director

Had I known STG was so resourceful I would have sought his advice . All hail STG.

Check out HFS (Hot for Sale), always good info there and guys willing to help.

My one on one time is limited. I have to get back to my real work. Swamped! Later
Old 09-19-2016, 12:53 PM
The Fat Kid
Pro

Emailing STG is like calling 911; only done in an emergency situation
Old 09-19-2016, 12:55 PM
The Fat Kid
Pro

Originally Posted by MJG911
looks great!
Thanks again, and looking forward to unwrapping your wheels!

Quick Reply: New-To-Me C2S!