There is no substitute

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 02:29 AM
r00t61
Pro

Received 244 Likes on 154 Posts
Default There is no substitute

Hey Rennlisters,

Just wanted to let you know about my new-to-me 2014 911 Carrera 4S.

Many thanks to STG and others for all their work in the Hot-for-Sale thread (https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8636...-the-week.html). Without it, I would have never even considered a 911. But I'm awful glad I did .

Here is the build sheet:

I bought it from Porsche of Highland Park, IL (The Porsche Exchange). This was really serendipitous because my parents live in the area and were able to perform a preliminary Renncheck® for me.

My sales agent was Paul Michalczyk (pronounced me-HALL-check). He was always available to answer my questions, via phone, email, and text, helping me with all the extra logistics and elbow grease needed to buy a car long-distance. He even personally drove the car to the PPI facility. Along with his finance department, Paul was also able to get me a loan that slightly beat the terms that I had from Penfed, which was pretty impressive.

This is Paul with the car:

Speaking of PPIs, I had mine performed by Golz Motors of Deerfield, IL. It cost $200 and was everything I expected. Jeff Goelz knows his 911s and his shop is about 5 miles away from The Exchange.

The 1st owner used the car in Chicago, and so had the front bumper drilled to run a license plate, but I wasn't happy with the look, so on Paul's recommendation, I had the car sent to The Auto Art of Glenview, IL to have it filled and painted, over Labor Day weekend, no less!

[BEFORE]:

You'll be able to see down below that the work was flawless.

For transport, I obtained quotes from a number of different shippers, including:
* Intercity
* Reliable
* Angels Moving Autos
* Thomas Sunday
* Horseless Carriage
* Plycar

Most quotes were very close and competitive with each other, though there was one (who shall remain nameless) that was $500 more than the others. They all have generally great reputations on the interwebs, and so I went with the one that fit my schedule best - Plycar.

Husband-and-wife team Dean & Paula of Plycar did a great job. Paula has had her CDL for over 30 years and knows a thing or two about big-rig trucking.

Here's some additional cool swag that Paul also sent my way:

Some more pics:

Anyway, the car is chuffing magic. I am now happy as a clam . If you're thinking about a car located at Porsche of Highland Park, please give Paul a call:

PS: Just for fun, here are a few photos of a totally awesome 911R in paint-to-sample Lava Orange that I saw while I was in the Highland Park showroom:

Thanks for reading!
Old 09-19-2016, 03:08 AM
MinMay
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulation! Your car is beautiful. I just love wide butt
Old 09-19-2016, 06:21 AM
ArthurVandalay
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GT Silver // Espresso C4S - nice find. That must look sweet in person. Congratulations, enjoy, and drive fast.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:19 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Wow r00t61!

What a post and car. Nicely done on both. Thanks for sharing and enjoy. The best part is yet to come
Old 09-19-2016, 09:22 AM
Brian E
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Congrats and great post. Enjoy!
Old 09-19-2016, 10:33 AM
Mlbraptor
Burning Brakes

Enjoy your new ride...
Old 09-19-2016, 11:02 AM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Post pics of the interior! I don't think I've ever seen an espresso but I love that kind of color.
Old 09-19-2016, 12:23 PM
carrerapete991
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful machine -- enjoy it in the best of health!
Old 09-19-2016, 12:26 PM
PJA
Intermediate

Congratulations! Love the silver-to-black ratio.
Old 09-19-2016, 02:19 PM
gobie18
Intermediate

Beautiful color combo, congrats!
Old 09-19-2016, 02:22 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,437 Likes on 2,247 Posts

your car looks great - and so does the R!
Old 09-19-2016, 02:30 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 436 Likes on 260 Posts

Fantastic looking car. Any more pictures of the interior? I am a sucker from brown/tan interiors.

Here's to many happy miles ahead.

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
Old 09-19-2016, 02:52 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,528 Likes on 1,575 Posts

Nice car!
Old 09-19-2016, 03:49 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 228 Likes on 123 Posts

Excellent find! That is one nicely optioned 911, with lots of "sport" and lots of "lux." I very seriously considered ordering mine in Espresso but went Garnet Red ultimately because I'd had a GT Silver/Cocoa Boxster S a few years ago and, while I LOVE the combo, didn't want the same thing again.

Get us some interior pictures when you can, preferably with the door open so some GT Silver is visible also in the picture.

Again, congrats on a very nicely built 911.

Old 09-19-2016, 09:12 PM
FiveRiversGTS
Pro

Congratulations on a very nice car and the wonderful thorough write up. The car is well optioned with a nice a color scheme. Looking forward to more pics of that interior.

Enjoy in good health.

I also interacted with this dealer and got the feeling they are excellent as from the email below:

"My name is Michael Semersky and my family owns the Porsche Exchange in Highland Park, IL. Thank you for the inquiry on this gorgeous 911 with nice equipment. The car is in terrific shape and I’ll send a build sheet from the Porsche Computer for you to review in a second email detailing options. We are one of only 25 Porsche Premier Dealers in North America and have a great reputation for our preowned cars. We don't hang on to cars that are not really nice - instead we sell them to a wholesale company. The Exchange is a family owned and operated business that has been providing exceptional service on Chicago’s North Shore for over thirty years. Any Porsche listed on our website passes our dealership's strict quality requirements, and are always impressive cars. Feel free to email me or call me on my cell phone..."

Quick Reply: There is no substitute