Sponsored by:

clear bra, paint, and Atlanta recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2016 | 12:21 PM
Minesh
Advanced

Default clear bra, paint, and Atlanta recommendation

Hey guys-
I am about to do my first wash and possibly wax this weekend on the White 991. I tried googling but there seems to be advice all over the board and much of it contradicting. I am hoping you guys can help from experience

1) Car has clear bra on the front half what special maintenance is required?
2) Do I just wash the car and wax "only" the exposed paint and stay away from clear bra?
3) Product recommendations? Anything special I should be aware of on a White car?
4) For ATLANTA drivers...any one know or suggest high quality good detailers they trust to do the work on the Porsche who won't cut corners and do the job correctly and safely?

I wouldn't hate to get a professional to do the first complete paint treatment and detail so I know its done right. Then I can maintain after that but I fear if I pick the wrong Detailer they may do more harm then good.

I appreciate any help or suggestions in Advance.

Last edited by Minesh; 08-31-2016 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Poor grammar
Old 08-31-2016 | 01:33 PM
9914s
Rennlist Member

http://detaileddesignsautospa.com
Old 08-31-2016 | 05:00 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 9914s
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Minesh
Hey guys-
I am about to do my first wash and possibly wax this weekend on the White 991. I tried googling but there seems to be advice all over the board and much of it contradicting. I am hoping you guys can help from experience

1) Car has clear bra on the front half what special maintenance is required?
2) Do I just wash the car and wax "only" the exposed paint and stay away from clear bra?
3) Product recommendations? Anything special I should be aware of on a White car?
4) For ATLANTA drivers...any one know or suggest high quality good detailers they trust to do the work on the Porsche who won't cut corners and do the job correctly and safely?

I wouldn't hate to get a professional to do the first complete paint treatment and detail so I know its done right. Then I can maintain after that but I fear if I pick the wrong Detailer they may do more harm then good.

I appreciate any help or suggestions in Advance.
Welcome to Rennlist and hopefully I can help you with your questions. Feel free to follow up with any questions.

1) The clear bra should be cleaned in a similar fashion to paint. Use quality chemicals, wash mitts, drying towels(or an electric leaf blower) and stay away from dyed waxes. Too, keep waxes away from any exposed edges. If you get wax build up in those edges, clean them out as soon as you can. Do not roughhouse any expose film edges. They should stick very well but they are not invincible.

2) Treat your paint as you would and also treat the clear bra. Do not use dyed waxes.

3) What products would you specifically like to learn about? Yes, keep it clean. Extra effort will be required to keep the rear clean on Porsches as they tend to run a tad rich....or at least they appear to with the volume of exhaust soot they end up with on the rear. White paint is not the easiest to keep clean despite what people say. It is one of the toughest as they look dingy when dirty. Silver is the easiest imho.

4) As a matter of fact I do.
I own and operate Detailed Designs Auto Spa. To learn more about who we are and my vision for every client and car, feel free to check out the linked video and ask any questions you may have.

Quick Reply: clear bra, paint, and Atlanta recommendation