Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slight wobbly feeling when car idles

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2023 | 07:06 PM
Jonny9999991
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bmxtreme
Nah, never figure it out, my dealer asked me to go fly kite. I replaced my timing belt and spark plug last year and it's still doing the same thing in normal mode but very subtle, so I just kept it on sport mode most of the time, which I prefer anyway. Seems like it doesn't do any harm 🤷
Thanks for the reply

did you ever get your engine mounts checked or throttle body changed/looked at?
Old 11-25-2023 | 08:09 PM
NorCalJack
Cruisin'

I have a similar situation (17,C2, PDK). While in park or at a stop I hear a rattle (like loose marbles or gravel) and I feel a very slight engine stumble. If I put it in sport or sport+ the rattle and stumble is gone. I tried to pin point where the noise was coming from today. While in the cabin it sounds like its coming from the rear shelf on the drivers side. I checked for loose panels and did not find any. While outside of the car its very difficult to hear or feel the rattle and stumble. I hear it faintly in the drivers side wheel well. The car shifts and drives well. I was thinking motor mount or PDK related. Or it may be nothing and is normal. Very puzzling.
Old 11-25-2023 | 08:16 PM
Jonny9999991
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NorCalJack
I have a similar situation (17,C2, PDK). While in park or at a stop I hear a rattle (like loose marbles or gravel) and I feel a very slight engine stumble. If I put it in sport or sport+ the rattle and stumble is gone. I tried to pin point where the noise was coming from today. While in the cabin it sounds like its coming from the rear shelf on the drivers side. I checked for loose panels and did not find any. While outside of the car its very difficult to hear or feel the rattle and stumble. I hear it faintly in the drivers side wheel well. The car shifts and drives well. I was thinking motor mount or PDK related. Or it may be nothing and is normal. Very puzzling.
it may well be a pdk rattle, as I too used to hear them, after calibrating the pdk it seems to have disappeared. What I’ve noticed when there’s multiple issues, is we tend to think it’s once issue, only by working through it do we get to realise we had like 5 different issues, well I have anyway!

Do the following, I recently made a post

pdk calibration
throttle adaptation reset

will feel like a new car

Last edited by Jonny9999991; 11-25-2023 at 08:17 PM.
Old 11-25-2023 | 09:18 PM
bmxtreme
Pro

Originally Posted by neanicu
Please do tell.

Just kidding...I'm sure you meant serpentine belt.
Lol, I think it was the timing since it has teeth on the belt but it might be the serpentine, I need to check my receipt.
Old 11-25-2023 | 09:21 PM
bmxtreme
Pro

Originally Posted by Jonny9999991
Thanks for the reply

did you ever get your engine mounts checked or throttle body changed/looked at?
Never ask to get those looked at, but they replace the plenum under warranty because it wasn't closing properly.
Old 11-25-2023 | 10:23 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by bmxtreme
Lol, I think it was the timing since it has teeth on the belt but it might be the serpentine, I need to check my receipt.
These cars don't have timing belts...

Quick Reply: Slight wobbly feeling when car idles