Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Winter Driving in the Snow Belt

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2016, 11:30 PM
t0mas
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a C2 - which is my year-round daily driver. I've also had 2 Cayenne's and a Boxster - the latter was also year-round daily driver. As mentioned here, the real limitation is clearance, as opposed to 2 wheel or 4 wheel drive. No doubt that the C4 has better traction, but you can certainly drive the C2 in snow....just like most of the cars on the road, which are either FWD or RWD.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:46 PM
mb1
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by t0mas
I have a C2 - which is my year-round daily driver. I've also had 2 Cayenne's and a Boxster - the latter was also year-round daily driver. As mentioned here, the real limitation is clearance, as opposed to 2 wheel or 4 wheel drive. No doubt that the C4 has better traction, but you can certainly drive the C2 in snow....just like most of the cars on the road, which are either FWD or RWD.
Are those OZ Leggera 20's from TireRack? They look good.
Old 08-24-2016, 10:05 AM
awrryan
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by mb1
Are those OZ Leggera 20's from TireRack? They look good.
Stock 20" Carrera s wheels.
Old 08-25-2016, 08:24 AM
dkuznetsov
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I mean I have a jeep grand cherokee lease for snow and what not, so I usually don't drive my cars in the snow.. However when its winter and just cold with no snow, theres no reason not to..
Old 08-25-2016, 09:29 AM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 708 Likes on 494 Posts

Originally Posted by dkuznetsov
I mean I have a jeep grand cherokee lease for snow and what not, so I usually don't drive my cars in the snow.. However when its winter and just cold with no snow, theres no reason not to..
I agree, but in that case you need a winter set anyway because the summer rubber isn't suitable for temps in the 40's and grips poorly at even that temp. I learned that quickly driving an M5 for a while last fall.
Old 08-25-2016, 03:02 PM
mgent
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by venval
With what frequency / where do you get a steam undercarriage cleaning?
I only do steam a few times - In Chicago, the snow/salt runs from Nov-March/April, so I'll split it up evenly - Dec, Feb then after the snows come off... We have detailers here that have the systems, not too hard to find... They usually rinse the undercarriage when detailing more frequently... Just don't want salt to get built up, as that's no good generally...
Old 12-05-2016, 11:46 AM
caymannyc
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mgent
I only do steam a few times - In Chicago, the snow/salt runs from Nov-March/April, so I'll split it up evenly - Dec, Feb then after the snows come off... We have detailers here that have the systems, not too hard to find... They usually rinse the undercarriage when detailing more frequently... Just don't want salt to get built up, as that's no good generally...

Can you PM me the detailer you use? I'm in Chicago.

Quick Reply: Winter Driving in the Snow Belt