Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

An Overdue New Member Introduction!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 03:22 PM
amre
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default An Overdue New Member Introduction!

Hello all, I joined the forum when I started shopping for my 991. The search started for a pre-owned ('14-'15) but then as I learned more I decided to go test drive the .2 and comparing the overall usability as a daily driver to the .1, I ultimately decided to go for broke!

While this is my 3rd Porsche, it's my first new one and my first 911. My love for Porsche goes back to my childhood (as it does for most of us), but specifically from watching Risky Business! When I graduated college, I had an Acura Integra GS-R and as soon as I got a job, I sold it and purchased what I thought was a bargain... an '87 944 Turbo for $7,500 (couldn't afford a 928)! Well, it was too much of a bargain and ended up being a nightmare. I decided to ante up and get another 951 in better shape, so I found an '89 with only 5,200 miles and paid out the nose for it but it was worth every penny. This is when I fell in love with Porsche. I owned that car for two years then sold it when I went to grad school. To this day, I regret that I sold it. Over the years (I'm 42 now), I tried so hard to replicate the feeling by owning M3s, AMGs, and various other cars but could never feel as connected as I did with the 944.

Then somehow I forgot about the dream and started buying cars that are great to drive but not exactly what I wanted. I ended up with AMGs and finally went the Maserati route. I loved the prestige but still did not feel the connection.

The last car I had prior to this one was a 2014 Ghibli SQ4. Without going into detail, I loved the car but it was the worst ownership experience I ever had! Of my 30 months of ownership, I enjoyed the car maybe 6 months and the rest of the car's life was spent at the dealership. I then realized that getting a front row spot at the valet is highly overrated! Turning heads feels nice, but doesn't help me in any way! And having a beautiful looking car is great so long as the car runs! I decided that it's time to pursue my dream and get the car that I've always wanted... a 911.

I remember even when I drove a Maserati QP, there was a 997 that would part next to me at work and I always drooled over it every morning! Then the 991 came out and one of my neighbors (back in 2013) purchased one... I was again in love. Now, I'm so fortunate and blessed to be able to get the car that I have always wanted. While I started out thinking that I'll build one, I could not be patient enough to wait but luckily I found one with the exact build that I wanted (or super close).

Here she is... And thank you for reading my long-winded intro.
Attached Images       
Old 07-18-2016, 03:28 PM
Doug H
Nordschleife Master

Received 903 Likes on 532 Posts

That is an AWESOME car. Congrats!
Old 07-18-2016, 03:35 PM
dflowerz
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Congratulations on the new car. Beautiful!
Old 07-18-2016, 03:38 PM
Satch99
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stunning. Welcome to the forum. White is very popular, for good reason.
Old 07-18-2016, 03:47 PM
Roosell
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

She's a beaut, Clark! The second photo is my favorite.
Old 07-18-2016, 03:51 PM
Jnosol
Pro

Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts

Congrats and welcome... Awesome build by the way, very tasteful.
Old 07-18-2016, 03:55 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,118 Likes on 667 Posts

That sure is purdy !
Old 07-18-2016, 03:59 PM
Highyo
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

I'm having a hard time liking those RS Spyder wheels they dont look concave enough but i think its a question of not seeing them live.

beautiful build that white w bordeaux/black is just so class. does the chrono pack bump performance in the 991.2?
Old 07-18-2016, 04:10 PM
amre
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks all for all the welcome comments... truly appreciated.

Highyo, the RS wheels would not have been my first choice as they are not concave and they are very difficult to clean! I asked the dealer to swap wheels but that was a no go! I'm either going to wait till more 991.2s are out and see if a local owner wants to swap for the Carrera Sport (5-spoke) or go for an aftermarket set. I love the color of the wheels though against the white car. I don't know if the SC package makes a difference because I don't have a benchmark to compare to.
Old 07-18-2016, 04:10 PM
07CarreraS
Rennlist Member

Received 120 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Satch99
Stunning. Welcome to the forum. White is very popular, for good reason.
Sure is a lot of biased opinions here! LOL

Seriously though, sweet ride and yes I dig the white, especially with the RS Spyder wheels. I think when I get my GT3 it just may have to be white!
Old 07-18-2016, 04:19 PM
Highyo
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by amre
Thanks all for all the welcome comments... truly appreciated.

Highyo, the RS wheels would not have been my first choice as they are not concave and they are very difficult to clean! I asked the dealer to swap wheels but that was a no go! I'm either going to wait till more 991.2s are out and see if a local owner wants to swap for the Carrera Sport (5-spoke) or go for an aftermarket set. I love the color of the wheels though against the white car. I don't know if the SC package makes a difference because I don't have a benchmark to compare to.
well given the previous commentary it sounds like you will have no problem selling your RS wheels at all. the color does look great with that white though. everything else looks absolutely amazing
Old 07-18-2016, 04:49 PM
rkwfxd
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Oh my. That is truly gorgeous!

May have to re-think my own configuration.

Enjoy.
Old 07-18-2016, 04:51 PM
Peruna
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 48 Posts

What a BEAUTY!!!!!!
Old 07-18-2016, 06:06 PM
vivekg
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lovely car! Just out of curiosity how dark is the tint? I didn't get my windows tinted since I have never had tinted windows and wasn't sure if I would like it.

Enjoy your ride!
Old 07-18-2016, 06:14 PM
Green & Silver
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great color combination! As for the complaint about the wheels, nah! They look great, too!

Quick Reply: An Overdue New Member Introduction!