Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cargo cult / cruisin' Costco

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 07:19 AM
Jay-S
Rennlist Member

Received 159 Likes on 49 Posts

I do have the Porsche frunk liner though in case something leaks. Had a friend have some salmon leak in the frunk...
Old 07-13-2016, 07:27 AM
mikeearly
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay-S
I do have the Porsche frunk liner though in case something leaks. Had a friend have some salmon leak in the frunk...
That could be really bad if you did not catch it and clean it up ...
Old 07-13-2016, 07:28 AM
budrichard
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Routinely used standard sized coolers for transport in the last three years in my 981B 'frunk'.
Park away from the hordes, walk a little way.
No problems.
Ice or ice packs keep things cool.
Got new UW Red cooler for Father's Day, slotted right into the 981B.
Tried to use it in the 991.2 and surprise, the 'frunk' is smaller and it just won't fit.
Used old cooler!
These frunk's are great!
The 991.2 can't hold as much as our XC70's but if using the seat areas and foot well as storage, the car can hold a lot!-Richard
Old 07-13-2016, 07:48 AM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by drdiaboloco
Huh. Day one for me included a trip to Meijer. A 35lb bin of cat litter and a midsized load of groceries... I even use these before/after pics as a tongue-in-cheek reference to my "responsible" choice in cars. No apologies for the cheap Riesling.

Lol. I thought I saw a bottle of Blue Nun poking out there.
There are so many ways to use and enjoy these great cars. Sexy grocery getter to weekend fun car to garage queen & everything in between...T
Old 07-13-2016, 10:37 AM
TAL2GK
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It's not a Costco run until you drive home with a rolled up rug sticking up through the open cabrio!
Old 07-13-2016, 10:59 AM
maxpowers
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I've taken mine to the grocery store and loaded up the frunk as well as using part of the backseat. The car really is practical and fun
Old 07-13-2016, 11:35 AM
Roosell
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by maxpowers
I've taken mine to the grocery store and loaded up the frunk as well as using part of the backseat.
Me too. More than a few times I've overheard others in the grocery store parking lot mutter something along the lines of 'what the hell is he doing?' when I push my cart up to the front of the car and open the hood. Two have approached me and asked where the engine is.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:05 PM
SMZ
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I routinely make CostCo runs and fully load up the frunk. Curious if you guys feel that the steering somehow has a nicer weight to it when the frunk is loaded? I'm obviously not flogging it to preserve the beer/wine bottles and other precious cargo so we're talking about around town speeds. I have a C2S and don't have power steering plus.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:53 PM
drdiaboloco
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SMZ
I routinely make CostCo runs and fully load up the frunk. Curious if you guys feel that the steering somehow has a nicer weight to it when the frunk is loaded? I'm obviously not flogging it to preserve the beer/wine bottles and other precious cargo so we're talking about around town speeds. I have a C2S and don't have power steering plus.
It stands to reason that more weight in the trunk would add up to more weight on the front wheels, better grip and therefore less understeer, but that would mostly be noticeable when "flogging it" I would think. And the amount of weight it would take for there to be significant differences would also manifest itself in other, less desirable ways.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:58 PM
drdiaboloco
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by satoru
Does the frunk not get kinda hot when driving?
I haven't had any problems with roasting things in the trunk, but I haven't done a run yet when it's 90deg out.

Originally Posted by tomc_mets
Lol. I thought I saw a bottle of Blue Nun poking out there.
That's actually Schmitt Söhne... you know a riesling is good when it has a screwtop and picture of a stereotypical German gent holding up a sign that says "Pick Me!! Pick Me!!" on the label. (actually it's not bad)
Old 07-13-2016, 04:52 PM
...Max...
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't had any problems with roasting things in the trunk, but I haven't done a run yet when it's 90deg out.
Here (Dallas) it's nearer hundred but I don't see how frunk is all that different from a trunk in any sedan/coupe. Neither gets A/C flow. The SUV trunks are somewhat cooler of course, provided you're actually driving and not parked in some other sun-scorched lot.

More than a few times I've overheard others in the grocery store parking lot mutter something along the lines of 'what the hell is he doing?' when I push my cart up to the front of the car and open the hood
Surprisingly enough, haven't run into that yet. I did have people (well, mostly kids) stop and stare back when I was doing the transformer roof thing with my prior BMW in order to load some boxes in the back seat.
Old 07-13-2016, 05:07 PM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by TAL2GK
It's not a Costco run until you drive home with a rolled up rug sticking up through the open cabrio!

It's not a Costco run until you've had to go home with a big a$$ roll of toilet paper riding shotgun...T
Old 07-13-2016, 07:56 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by ...Max...
Here (Dallas) it's nearer hundred but I don't see how frunk is all that different from a trunk in any sedan/coupe. Neither gets A/C flow. The SUV trunks are somewhat cooler of course, provided you're actually driving and not parked in some other sun-scorched lot.
Porsche frunks get warmer than a regular car's while driving due to being right behind the radiators.

I get groceries with it on a daily basis though without issue.
Old 07-14-2016, 06:13 AM
satoru
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by drdiaboloco
was wonderin being the gts radiator is right in front of the frunk...anyways my frunk use for the day...
Old 07-14-2016, 08:51 AM
SDaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Costco almost every week.... haven't had a problem finding a safe parking spot. I am always amazed to see how much fits in the trunk.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Cargo cult / cruisin' Costco