Sponsored by:

991.2 navigation question

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 12:39 PM
budrichard
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeffdehr
Porsche Car Connect does not use the SIM card in the PCM. I took the SIM card out of my car and was able to use the "Find My Car" feature in the Porsche Car Connect app. After locating my car I was able to flash the light, sound the horn, and lock the car via the app.

I guess there is a built in SIM card somewhere else which makes sense for the exact concern you brought up.
There is an undocumented SIM in the vehicle.
Don't ask me how I know.
The undocumented SIM is used for the Security Features which includes tracking by Telematics if you sign up for the feature. Since LOJACK is not available to me in Wisconsin, I signed up.
Neither Porsche nor Telematics will discuss the undocumented SIM and rightly so for security.
I have AT&T as my primary carrier but when my free 3 months ran out I iused my AT&T iPhone as a HotSpot and found I did not get the latest routing. I subscribed (you can only do this on-line) and checked the route and it was now correct.
I am very happy with functionality and features in my 991.2 and the price for the AT&T and Telematics is not that great compared to purchase price and ownership costs.-Richard
Old 11-11-2017, 11:56 AM
Pomirtchi
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 Targa 4s head unit replacement

Does anyone tried to replace head unit with an aftermarket nav? I have 2017 targa 4s and the navigation is extremely boring compare with my 2016 s550...

Quick Reply: 991.2 navigation question