Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help with Options

Old 06-15-2016, 06:48 PM
amre
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need Help with Options

Hello all. I've been on the Porsche Configuration for two weeks going through multiple iterations of my build for a 2017 C4S. After visiting two of my local dealers, I have learned that neither has any allocations to build a 4S and neither knows when exactly one will be available. Accordingly, I have had both dealers search for current inventory, dealer trades, and incoming cars and I've settled on two possible cars. Both cars have all my must-have options such as Sport Chrono, Black/Bordeaux leather, glass roof and PSE. However, I'm torn over the following differences:

Car A:
Carrera White Metallic (thumbs up)
14-way seats
carbon fiber
GT Sport Wheel
Instrument & sport gauges in white
Carrera Sport Wheels
Prem Plus Pkg (i.e. has LED headlights)

Car B:
White (it's nice too, but I like CWM)
18-way seats (I have been in love with these seats since 2012!)
Multi-function wheel
Prem pkg (plus all the Prem Plus options added WITHOUT LED and light design package). So, it has standard Bi-Xenon
Side skirts painted
Spyder wheels

Both cars are roughly $140k.

I'm not sure which way to go. I really love the 18-Way seats but I also love the GT Sport Wheel. I prefer the Spyder wheels to the Carrera Sport. I don't have experience with LED headlights and not sure if I'll miss them. And I've never seen the white gauges with the red interior.

Any help with practical experience would be appreciated. This is my daily driver and I hope to get some track time, but for the most part it will be my daily. My commute is just 4 miles!

Thanks

Last edited by amre; 06-15-2016 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 06-15-2016, 07:01 PM
ddodds
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by amre
Hello all. I've been on the Porsche Configuration for two weeks going through multiple iterations of my build for a 2017 C4S. After visiting two of my local dealers, I have learned that neither has any allocations to build a 4S and neither knows when exactly one will be available. Accordingly, I have had both dealers search for current inventory, dealer trades, and incoming cars and I've settled on two possible cars. Both cars have all my must-have options such as Sport Chrono, Black/Bordeaux leather, glass roof and PSE. However, I'm torn over the following differences:

Car A:
Carrera White Metallic (thumbs up)
14-way seats
carbon fiber
GT Sport Wheel
Instrument & sport gauges in white
Carrera Sport Wheels
Prem Plus Pkg (i.e. has LED headlights)

Car B:
Multi-function wheel
Prem pkg (plus all the Prem Plus options added WITHOUT LED and light design package). So, it has standard Bi-Xenon
Side skirts painted
Spyder wheels

Both cars are roughly $140k.

I'm not sure which way to go. I really love the 18-Way seats but I also love the GT Sport Wheel. I prefer the Spyder wheels to the Carrera Sport. I don't have experience with LED headlights and not sure if I'll miss them. And I've never seen the white gauges with the red interior.

Any help with practical experience would be appreciated. This is my daily driver and I hope to get some track time, but for the most part it will be my daily. My commute is just 4 miles!

Thanks
Search for a dealer with an allocation and get exactly what you want.
Old 06-15-2016, 07:09 PM
amre
Advanced

Originally Posted by ddodds
Search for a dealer with an allocation and get exactly what you want.
Is there a better way to do this without calling every dealer?
Old 06-15-2016, 07:17 PM
ddodds
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 45 Posts

Is there a better way to do this without calling every dealer?
I would forward the appropriate email request to sales managers within a certain distance and see what kind of response you get.
Old 06-15-2016, 07:22 PM
windboat
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Where are you located?
Old 06-15-2016, 07:23 PM
LCW
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would totally agree... it is too much money to "settle".... if you are on the east coast, you can order from any dealer in the country and pick up at the PEC in Atlanta and then drive home... it is a zero cost option and really worth the time... check out my writeup about it on this forum.
Old 06-15-2016, 07:54 PM
bmedude
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 37 Posts

Car B is the car that I would go with. Here are my reasons:
Regular white is WAY easier to color match(chips/scratches/bumper resprays).
You like the 18 way seats
Carbon Fiber - doesn't matter much, the "base" dashboard trim looks nice
White dashboard guages - expensive "fluff".... useless option
RS Wheels are gaddam sexy.
The bi-xenon headlights are sweet and already have the four point LED DRL's. I personally think they look better in the day. (i ordered a similar car to you and regret getting convinced to buying the LED's).
Multifunction wheel is way more useful than a slightly smaller steering wheel without any controls.

Car B:
Multi-function wheel
Side skirts painted
Spyder wheels
Old 06-15-2016, 10:36 PM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Received 438 Likes on 234 Posts

I disagree with bmedude. I'd go with car A. It's your preferred color which is one thing you can't change. The 14 ways are great seats. I have the Carrera Sports and they look awesome. An added bonus is they will be way easier to clean than the Spyders. I had carbon fiber trim in my old car and liked it a lot. I have the non multifunction GT Sport wheel. I purposely didn't order the multifunction because I liked the cleaner look without all the buttons and extra screw head decoration.
Old 06-15-2016, 11:35 PM
NAAMAZ
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another One

You may also want to consider this one
Black exterior
Porsche Chandler - AZ

250 - Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
457 - Lane Change Assist
581 - Luggage net in passenger footwell
583 - Smoking package
653 - Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof in Glass
658 - Power Steering Plus
970 - Two-tone leather interior
9VL - Bose® Surround Sound System
A1 - Black
BASE - 911 Carrera 4S
BM - Leather Interior in Black/Bordeaux Red
P06 - Power Sport Seats (14-way) with Memory Package
P3E - Premium Package Plus i.c.w. Power Sport Seats (14-way)
P3P - Sport Package
XDG - Wheels Painted in High Gloss Black
XRD - 20" Carrera Sport Wheels
Old 06-15-2016, 11:49 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Call around and get an allocation. A .2 4S isn't a GT3RS. I could find one in 30min.
Old 06-16-2016, 08:12 AM
budrichard
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

At the money I paid for my 2017 C4S, no way would I not order exactly what I want!
Well not quite exactly, PTS wasn't an option back then!
I waited 5 months but I took the second allocation my Dealer had.
I can't believe C4S allocations are so tight?
Don't get caught up in the 'just have to have it' crowd.-Richard
BTW, a very fine choice if I do say so!
Old 06-16-2016, 08:19 AM
bmedude
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 37 Posts

I would imagine most of the time the ones sitting around in inventory are going to have a better discount. Both Cars are specced well. If the price is right I say go for it
Old 06-16-2016, 10:27 AM
amre
Advanced

Thanks all for the helpful replies. I'm in the Dallas, TX area and I have three dealers within 20 miles of me, but none of them has any allocations. Within 300 miles, I have four other dealers and I have not yet called them but I can. The truth be told, I'm not 100% sure what color combo I want. I run a private equity real estate fund and I'm a bit worried about the image, but what I really want is a Guards Red with two-tone black/luxor beige with red belts and red gauges, no sunroof, manual transmission, satin platinum wheels, and PASM Sport. Of course I still want all the other comfort options, but I have a feeling that car would be screaming for attention! This is the reason I'm looking at available cars so that I don't order exactly what I want. I know myself and if I place an order and wait, I'm going to order guards red. In my mind, a white car with red interior still feels special without attracting too much attention.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:50 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Thanks all for the helpful replies. I'm in the Dallas, TX area and I have three dealers within 20 miles of me, but none of them has any allocations. Within 300 miles, I have four other dealers and I have not yet called them but I can. The truth be told, I'm not 100% sure what color combo I want. I run a private equity real estate fund and I'm a bit worried about the image, but what I really want is a Guards Red with two-tone black/luxor beige with red belts and red gauges, no sunroof, manual transmission, satin platinum wheels, and PASM Sport. Of course I still want all the other comfort options, but I have a feeling that car would be screaming for attention! This is the reason I'm looking at available cars so that I don't order exactly what I want. I know myself and if I place an order and wait, I'm going to order guards red. In my mind, a white car with red interior still feels special without attracting too much attention.
Don't compromise. Get what you want. I sent a dealer I know in TX a message. He should be able to get you a .2 4S allocation.
Old 06-16-2016, 11:11 AM
amre
Advanced

Originally Posted by STG
Don't compromise. Get what you want. I sent a dealer I know in TX a message. He should be able to get you a .2 4S allocation.
Thank you. What dealer?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need Help with Options