Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Luxor Beige Dash - how to minimize glare reflection in windshield

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 10:24 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Both CVS and Walgreen sell polarizing clip ons for your glasses. They come in different shapes and sizes. I was amazed how nicely they fit my prescription glasses.
Old 06-16-2016, 02:00 AM
Cristophosphorus
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Dewinator
I dunno... the two-tone would be cool but I DD the luxor in CA sun and at the right angle the reflection is noticeable, but it's never bothered me. I only wear good sunglasses though.

Same. My 13 had full Luxor interior and, while sometimes noticeable, it didn't bother me at all. I got used to it after a while.

Never had polarized shades back then. But, confirmed that these will help you, OP!
Old 06-16-2016, 05:04 PM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by visitador
Both CVS and Walgreen sell polarizing clip ons for your glasses. They come in different shapes and sizes. I was amazed how nicely they fit my prescription glasses.
My wife uses those. They work great. Apart from cheapness, when I had prescription sunglass, the prescription seemed slightly diff to me. And, I got OCD about it, and every time I would switch from regular to sunglasses, it started to bug me, and give me a headache. So, I went the cheap route.

BTW, and sorry for the mild thread diversion - has anyone tried those yellow sunglasses you see on light night informercials for driving at night? If so, do they work?

T
Old 06-18-2016, 12:27 AM
sanjeev
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Thanks for all your helpful suggestions

This gives me some comfort in looking at cars with Luxor beige.
My previous 997 had a Stone Grey interior, which was a medium tone, and had no noticeable reflection issues.

Glad to know the beige interior has a mitigation. It is the second most popular interior in 991 cars (after black).

Thanks
Sanjeev
Old 06-18-2016, 01:59 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Light interiors like beige are the best, you won't regret it! I used to have black and the beige is like 20 degrees cooler when it's been sitting in the sun, and on dark rainy days, the car is bright and happy and feels open inside. I'll never go back to black!
Old 06-19-2016, 10:55 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,843 Likes on 1,494 Posts

Originally Posted by tomc_mets
My wife uses those. They work great. Apart from cheapness, when I had prescription sunglass, the prescription seemed slightly diff to me. And, I got OCD about it, and every time I would switch from regular to sunglasses, it started to bug me, and give me a headache. So, I went the cheap route.

BTW, and sorry for the mild thread diversion - has anyone tried those yellow sunglasses you see on light night informercials for driving at night? If so, do they work?

T
Same here. Had a Volvo with beige dash in Australia. Trips across NSW and Queensland were hard work. Got clear scripts with progressive lenses (to read the dash) plus tinted polarized clip ons. Never "looked" back.

Quick Reply: Luxor Beige Dash - how to minimize glare reflection in windshield