Racer

Received 72 Likes on 36 Posts

Glad it worked out for you.
Old 09-06-2017, 05:11 PM
Boulder Mike
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by flickroll
Thought I'd close the loop on this one. I did add PCCB's to my order this afternoon. And, after giving it a lot of thought I ordered a set of Turbo S wheels that were on eBay. The wheels were take offs from a brand new Turbo S that was being fitted with aftermarket wheels prior to delivery. They came complete with the new tires that were on the wheels, as well as valve stems and TPMS. Price to me was $5250 delivered which I think is a great deal. So the car will be delivered with the black GTS wheels, and right now I'm not certain what I will do with those. I do plan to swap the wheels immediately after delivery, and may in fact have the dealer do that for me as part of pre-delivery prep. As an aside, Porsche 'offered' to paint the GTS wheels in either Rhodium or GT Silver for $5,200. Wow, what a deal. That's $50 less than what I paid for a new set of wheels w/tires.

The front Turbo S wheels are an exact match to the GTS wheels in terms of width and offset. The rears are slightly different, 11.5" wide vs 12" on the GTS wheels. The GTS offset is 63, the Turbo S offset is 56. But because of the difference in wheel width, the outboard part of the wheel/tire will protrude only an additional 0.7mm from original. The inside is a different story. The inside of the wheel will be 13mm farther away from the chassis than the GTS wheels. But this will not be a problem because if I had chosen 5 lug wheels over CL's, the GTS 5 lugs have identical width and offset as the Turbo S wheel (11.5" & ET56). Bottom line is the Turbo S wheels should work just fine.

Some of you will like, some of you will not, but I think the look is awesome and I can't wait to get the car.
Congrats! Also glad you have a solution.

As an aside if I can find winter tires to match will you sell me the black wheels?
Old 09-06-2017, 05:17 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Boulder Mike
Congrats! Also glad you have a solution.

As an aside if I can find winter tires to match will you sell me the black wheels?
Probably so, but you'll have a wait as the new car won't be here until late Nov. We can touch base on this later.
Old 09-06-2017, 05:18 PM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Received 74 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by 9ELOVIN
Glad it worked out for you.
Thank you. And thanks for your help earlier in the thread.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:19 PM
Scottykenneth
Rennlist Member

Received 374 Likes on 195 Posts

Any pics of this setup?
Old 01-23-2018, 04:20 PM
Highyo
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

What i don't understand is why the back wheels are actually different. why would porsche make the same exact lookign wheels but with different offsets?
Old 01-23-2018, 04:55 PM
bwiele
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Highyo
What i don't understand is why the back wheels are actually different. why would porsche make the same exact lookign wheels but with different offsets?
I don't know why, but they definitely do this. I bought a used set of winter wheels for my 991.2 GTS that were from a 991.1 GT3. They looked identical to the winter wheel set up that is recommended for the GTS on the Suncoast website. I naively assumed that since they looked the same, that they would be the same dimensions. I was wrong, which I only figured out after I had bought them, and then I became a bit panicked that I had just spent $4k on a set of wheels that wouldn't fit my car, The fronts were the same, the rears were similarly different from the stock wheels. They fit (aside from the TPMS not working because they changed the sensors between the 991.1 and 991.2), so no harm done.

Buyers beware!
Old 01-28-2018, 02:15 AM
CombatChuk
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 11 Posts

Here my 911 GTS with fresh Michelin Alpins and the 991.1 Turbo S wheels. This was my first experience getting the center lock wheels off and on, and it was actually not too bad (Seems the issue is a bit overblown). These seem to fit just fine with the RWS. Interesting contrast with the black trim on the GTS.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:19 AM
Scottykenneth
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bwiele
I don't know why, but they definitely do this. I bought a used set of winter wheels for my 991.2 GTS that were from a 991.1 GT3. They looked identical to the winter wheel set up that is recommended for the GTS on the Suncoast website. I naively assumed that since they looked the same, that they would be the same dimensions. I was wrong, which I only figured out after I had bought them, and then I became a bit panicked that I had just spent $4k on a set of wheels that wouldn't fit my car, The fronts were the same, the rears were similarly different from the stock wheels. They fit (aside from the TPMS not working because they changed the sensors between the 991.1 and 991.2), so no harm done.

Buyers beware!
have a pic? Thanks
Old 01-28-2018, 02:20 AM
Scottykenneth
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CombatChuk
Here my 911 GTS with fresh Michelin Alpins and the 991.1 Turbo S wheels. This was my first experience getting the center lock wheels off and on, and it was actually not too bad (Seems the issue is a bit overblown). These seem to fit just fine with the RWS. Interesting contrast with the black trim on the GTS.
looks great!

Quick Reply: 991.1 Turbo S wheels on GTS