Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Input: Leather Interior

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2016 | 02:38 PM
WellDressedCar
Racer

Default Need Input: Leather Interior

OK, Porsche has me completely confused. I've been building up a 911 Targa 4 and a Targa 4S in the configurator. The configurator makes it look like there is a leather covered dashboard with stitching across it when I select the Standard Interior/Sports Seats Plus Leather.

Might just be an oversight on the developers who built the configurator, but do I have to select "Extended Interior Package, Dashboard Trim in Leather" in order to get the dash with stitching?

Also, for leather dash owners, anyone had an older Porsche (993, 996) and had to deal with the leather fading or slowing becoming crappy over time?
Old 06-07-2016 | 03:10 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

My 993TT has a full-leather, LTS interior with matching stitching. Still looks gorgeous nearly 20 years later. It's partly why I didn't hesitate to check nearly all the leather options on my inbound .1 GTS Targa.
Old 06-07-2016 | 05:15 PM
07CarreraS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by morrisryanc
OK, Porsche has me completely confused. I've been building up a 911 Targa 4 and a Targa 4S in the configurator. The configurator makes it look like there is a leather covered dashboard with stitching across it when I select the Standard Interior/Sports Seats Plus Leather.

Might just be an oversight on the developers who built the configurator, but do I have to select "Extended Interior Package, Dashboard Trim in Leather" in order to get the dash with stitching?
You have to get the Extended Interior leather pkg in order to get the stitching that runs down the base of the windshield, sport chrono clock w/vents:speaker, side of the dash, and the top two speaker covers. Regular leather interior will get you the stitching that runs across the front of the dash where the steering wheel is. The biggest impact of my optional leather choices was the steering wheel column. Gives a nice look regardless of if you go with deviated stitching or not. My 2 cents.
Attached Images    

Last edited by 07CarreraS; 06-08-2016 at 09:44 AM.
Old 06-08-2016 | 04:45 AM
Scottish Pete
Racer

If you are ordering a black interior, the basic "full leather interior" is all you really need. It provides leather on the dashboard top and side door tops and console with the french seam stitching across the top of the dash and upper doors. The various black plastic vents, steering wheel mount housing and dash defroster vents will match a black interior fine.
However, if ordering other colors . . . especially red . . . the plastic bits and pieces will show up noticably if in colored plastic. The various leather options to wrap these parts in leather are almost a necessity. You really need to visit some dealers or see other cars at Porsche club to see how much leather you feel is necessary to avoid having visible plastic showing.

Old 06-08-2016 | 06:41 AM
BlackBeauty
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Scottish Pete
If you are ordering a black interior, the basic "full leather interior" is all you really need. It provides leather on the dashboard top and side door tops and console with the french seam stitching across the top of the dash and upper doors. The various black plastic vents, steering wheel mount housing and dash defroster vents will match a black interior fine. However, if ordering other colors . . . especially red . . . the plastic bits and pieces will show up noticably if in colored plastic. The various leather options to wrap these parts in leather are almost a necessity. You really need to visit some dealers or see other cars at Porsche club to see how much leather you feel is necessary to avoid having visible plastic showing.
Excellent advice
Attached Images   
Old 06-08-2016 | 09:49 AM
07CarreraS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Scottish Pete
If you are ordering a black interior, the basic "full leather interior" is all you really need. It provides leather on the dashboard top and side door tops and console with the french seam stitching across the top of the dash and upper doors. The various black plastic vents, steering wheel mount housing and dash defroster vents will match a black interior fine.
However, if ordering other colors . . . especially red . . . the plastic bits and pieces will show up noticably if in colored plastic. The various leather options to wrap these parts in leather are almost a necessity. You really need to visit some dealers or see other cars at Porsche club to see how much leather you feel is necessary to avoid having visible plastic showing.
Valid points. Your absolutely right on the colored interiors.
Old 06-08-2016 | 11:58 AM
c_Gio
Burning Brakes

I spent all my money on the GTS model (vs S)... Standard interior. No regrets. Performance over luxury if you need to decide. If your budget allows for both performance and luxury--do it.

Quick Reply: Need Input: Leather Interior