Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Group Buy / Promo: ZunSport 991 Grilles

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 09:46 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 228 Likes on 123 Posts

Just ordered the GTS, black, w/sensors. $360-ish dollars with discount code. Thanks a lot you bastards. I had no idea I even wanted grills. This is nearly as bad as the Wrangler forum.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:49 AM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
Just ordered the GTS, black, w/sensors. $360-ish dollars with discount code. Thanks a lot you bastards. I had no idea I even wanted grills. This is nearly as bad as the Wrangler forum.
haha Ditto. Ordered the exact same spec at the same time as you.
Old 06-07-2016, 09:50 AM
Slantnose!
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Lucky me...nothing available for mine.
Old 06-07-2016, 10:58 AM
ibmiked
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I just ordered a set this morning for my GTS. I went against the grain and ordered silver. I might regret it, but I'm hoping they'll look a little more 'motorsports' on the car. Plus I can always have them powder coated if it was the wrong decision. The fact that they were cheaper will help defray that cost if I do need to change their color to black.

To the original poster, thanks for making this happen!
Old 06-07-2016, 12:32 PM
K9PJ/4
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Perhaps this is too simple, and sorry if there is a downside I have missed , but for what its worth: Parts cost is less than $10, time invested an hour or two. Or if you are as slow as me three hours. Color coordinated ty-wraps together with gutter guard from a home improvement store has prevented incursion of leaves and other trash from getting near the radiators. Just sayin.

Current: 2016 911 Black Edition
2014 Boxster S
Past 1984 911 Targa
914 2 liter
Old 06-07-2016, 02:41 PM
Cristophosphorus
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
Good man. I was in the same boat as you but then realized that I get a good amount of gunk and rubber stuck around there after track days.

Originally Posted by ibmiked
I just ordered a set this morning for my GTS. I went against the grain and ordered silver. I might regret it, but I'm hoping they'll look a little more 'motorsports' on the car. Plus I can always have them powder coated if it was the wrong decision. The fact that they were cheaper will help defray that cost if I do need to change their color to black.

To the original poster, thanks for making this happen!
Interesting! Post pics as soon as you've installed them. Curious to see how that looks.

Originally Posted by K9PJ/4
Perhaps this is too simple, and sorry if there is a downside I have missed , but for what its worth: Parts cost is less than $10, time invested an hour or two. Or if you are as slow as me three hours. Color coordinated ty-wraps together with gutter guard from a home improvement store has prevented incursion of leaves and other trash from getting near the radiators. Just sayin.
To each his own. Almost every mod or product has a DIY counterpart and we've all toyed with that at one point or another, so that's not a winning argument.

You can either pay the premium ZunSport commands to have a measured, pre-cut grille that won't require any sort of cutting or zip ties, etc. Or, you can save yourself the money and design your own. That's completely your call.
Old 06-08-2016, 12:11 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 721 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by Slantnose!
Lucky me...nothing available for mine.
I just love the color of your car. Can you post a few more pics!

Sorry guys off topic.
Old 06-08-2016, 12:41 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 228 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by K9PJ/4
As Chris points out, yes, you are correct. Always an option. I have a Wrangler I fabricate parts for when I want something that isn't available to my liking. With the Porsches, I either buy it or decide I don't need it. Whatever "it" is. I just paid a very good wheel painter good money to paint my wheels. And I've painted whole cars before and have everything I need. But no way would I be satisfied with my own sorry painting skills on this car. My standards are different for Porsches than for some other cars I own.

But nothing wrong with either approach, as far as I'm concerned.
Old 06-08-2016, 10:46 AM
snowcar_C4S
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ordered mine yesterday, discount code worked fine, easy ordering process and can't wait ti install!
Old 06-09-2016, 05:46 PM
ibmiked
Pro

Ordered mine two days ago and WOW! They arrived today! Great service. I do like the silver but I reserve the right to go black (powder coat) if they start to bother me.

Old 06-10-2016, 05:46 PM
Cristophosphorus
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ibmiked
Ordered mine two days ago and WOW! They arrived today! Great service. I do like the silver but I reserve the right to go black (powder coat) if they start to bother me.

Awesome. Post a few more pics from different angles (eye-level, too) when you get a chance. Looks like silver really changes up your front end... in a good way.
Old 06-12-2016, 05:34 PM
ibmiked
Pro

Sure, here's another shot or two:

Old 06-12-2016, 06:23 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,118 Likes on 667 Posts

Looks great. I assume easy to install? How long do you estimate it took?
Old 06-12-2016, 06:36 PM
redbaron01
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default still looking for Donor Vehicle

This is a repost from one I posted in Dec of last year ...
" Folks , I have been searching for a front bumper mesh grill kit for my 2014 991 . Options are few as my vehicle has the Adaptive Cruise Control module, which does not allow proper fit onto the Center Grill.. ZUNSPORT in the UK has offered to produce one , but they need a donor 991 with the ACC, in order to insure proper fit. They stated they will provide the donor, with a Kit free of charge in return. They have indicated they have received multiple inquires, mostly from the U.S. but are unable to secure a donor ... If any takers please contact Peter Langston / peter.langston@zunsport.co.uk"

Bottom line is what has already mentioned ... if you are lucky Zunsport fit a donor vehicle all is well ,,, if not no joy ..
Old 06-13-2016, 06:52 AM
ibmiked
Pro

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
Looks great. I assume easy to install? How long do you estimate it took?
I'll put it this way, it took almost as long to vacuum out the leaves and twigs as it did to install the grilles. 20-25 minutes tops. I suggest you use some painter's tape around the openings though as one or two pieces are a tight fit and being on the bottom of the learning curve means you can accidentally scratch the paint if you're not careful.

Quick Reply: Group Buy / Promo: ZunSport 991 Grilles