Sponsored by:

Questions & Thoughts on 6 month old 991.1 C2S

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 11:29 PM
jw1977
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Questions & Thoughts on 6 month old 991.1 C2S

I've now owned my 991.1 C2S Sport Design Edition for 6 months. Overall I really love the car. It rides so much nicer than the 997 and is also quite a bit faster.

*PDK- Somedays I miss the stick but the paddles are great when ripping up a great canyon road. I've been a little disappointed when it's auto mode. I feel in Sport Mode it still shifts way too soon, and Sport Plus shifts way too late, I wish there was something in the middle of these two. I find I have to drive it manual mode to really enjoy it.

*LED Lights- The Led's are great, not sure they are that big of a step up from Xenon's. The PLDS seems to work well, It's nice having the brights kick on a dark mountain road. I haven't fully understood what makes it kick on or not. Sometimes it seems like it turns the brights off when it's not needed. I don't know if it's reflection messing it up or what. Have others had this come up or does it work perfectly for everyone.

*Power- I think the engine is great, I have noticed like it doesn't have as much in the lower rpm's but above 3k it seems very fast. Much faster than the 997.

*Handling- Handing is fantastic. Way less body roll than the 997. The 997 seemed to hop around when the road wasn't perfect, the 991 does not do this.

*Exhaust- The PSE sounds incredible, I wish it was a little louder inside the vehicle but I love the burble it has when you let off the gas. Very happy with he PSE.

The only minor complaints I have is the driver seat heater doesn't get very warm, it definitely is working but nearly as good as the passenger seat heater. The black wheels look cool but after I wash my car in the garage the rotors get rust on them. After my first drive the clean wheels have the rust over the wheels requiring a second cleaning. Any recommendations. The car also has some very small black dots that appear to be under the clear coat, I have no idea what this or if there is any to fix it.

Overall it's a fantastic vehicle, I'm happy to have one of the last years of NA engines.

Quick Reply: Questions & Thoughts on 6 month old 991.1 C2S