Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fabspeed 991 Carerra Valvetronic Exhaust

Old 05-12-2016, 04:33 PM
whiteflashe90
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Fabspeed 991 Carerra Valvetronic Exhaust

After having the Fabspeed Supersport Exhaust on my 991 Carrerra for several weeks, I was looking for a solution that gave me some variability in sound level. After contacting Fabspeed I decided upon their Valvetronic exhaust and I have had great results. With the help of a friend, we installed it in one afternoon. I thought the install was going to be pretty challenging, but it ended up being very straight forward. While I have installed different types of exhausts on several cars and done a couple brake pad changes, I would not call myself an expert on car mechanics.

After opening the box, you can immediately tell it’s a quality system. The equipment is solid and the welds and finish are impressive. I can understand why this system takes two weeks to produce.

Fabspeed’s customer service is outstanding. John Gaydos and team were there for me every step of the way. When I had a question about how the vacuum lines connected to the valve, I called John and he immediately hooked me up with the Tech department. Within minutes I was back to work.

Having the ability to use the full system, or bypass the mufflers for a sportier sound, is a huge advantage. I tend to take business calls while driving quite a bit … that’s when I have the exhaust run through the mufflers. Pretty much any other time, valves are closed and I get to hear an awesome exhaust note and pops/gurgles along the way.

Unlike other systems I’ve had, there is absolutely no drone with the valves open or closed.

Anyone looking for an exhaust with an exotic sound, way more aggressive than stock and a pleasure to have on the car as a daily driver, should talk to John.

Here’s a link to a quick video that shows the difference between the sound when the valves are open and closed. Enjoy!

Old 05-15-2016, 01:34 PM
Jnosol
Pro

Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts

Sounds terrific.

Is the peak power difference really 28whp and 17lb/ft from OEM exhaust? That's a huge increase if that's true and proven. Not sure if that's an error or not because the peak power of the Fabspeed Performance Package is less (15whp).

http://www.fabspeed.com/porsche-991-...xhaust-system/
Old 05-10-2017, 06:03 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 676 Likes on 430 Posts

Originally Posted by Jnosol
Sounds terrific.

Is the peak power difference really 28whp and 17lb/ft from OEM exhaust? That's a huge increase if that's true and proven. Not sure if that's an error or not because the peak power of the Fabspeed Performance Package is less (15whp).

http://www.fabspeed.com/porsche-991-...xhaust-system/
Thanks, Jnosol! We think it sounds terrific too

Our Valvetronic System for the 991 makes an extra 23HP and 31 ft/lbs of torque (max gain). Those are numbers that you are going to *feel* as you slam the pedal to the floor! Peak gains are ~11 HP which explains the full Performance Package making more at 15.

A few more sound bytes for your aural pleasure

Thanks for the beautifully written review, whiteflashe90! It's awesome to see a product that we are so passionate about make a difference in a customer's journey with their Porsche

Originally Posted by whiteflashe90
After having the Fabspeed Supersport Exhaust on my 991 Carrerra for several weeks, I was looking for a solution that gave me some variability in sound level. After contacting Fabspeed I decided upon their Valvetronic exhaust and I have had great results. With the help of a friend, we installed it in one afternoon. I thought the install was going to be pretty challenging, but it ended up being very straight forward. While I have installed different types of exhausts on several cars and done a couple brake pad changes, I would not call myself an expert on car mechanics.

After opening the box, you can immediately tell it’s a quality system. The equipment is solid and the welds and finish are impressive. I can understand why this system takes two weeks to produce.

Fabspeed’s customer service is outstanding. John Gaydos and team were there for me every step of the way. When I had a question about how the vacuum lines connected to the valve, I called John and he immediately hooked me up with the Tech department. Within minutes I was back to work.

Having the ability to use the full system, or bypass the mufflers for a sportier sound, is a huge advantage. I tend to take business calls while driving quite a bit … that’s when I have the exhaust run through the mufflers. Pretty much any other time, valves are closed and I get to hear an awesome exhaust note and pops/gurgles along the way.

Unlike other systems I’ve had, there is absolutely no drone with the valves open or closed.

Anyone looking for an exhaust with an exotic sound, way more aggressive than stock and a pleasure to have on the car as a daily driver, should talk to John.

Here’s a link to a quick video that shows the difference between the sound when the valves are open and closed. Enjoy!

Old 05-10-2017, 09:47 PM
shashi27
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Jason,

Do you have instructions on the valve hookup? I'm installing mine this weekend.

Thanks.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:21 AM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by shashi27
Hi Jason,

Do you have instructions on the valve hookup? I'm installing mine this weekend.

Thanks.
I can't wait to hear your impressions once you've got it installed; get ready for your Porsche to be transformed!

I'll send over a PM so that I can send what I have via email.
Old 05-31-2017, 10:13 PM
shashi27
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed the valevtronic performance package about two weeks ago. It was pretty straightforward. That's not to say there wasn't some cursing and scraped knuckles.

Some background - My 3.4L carrera did not come with PSE and I actually bought the PSE retrofit from Suncoast. However, in the end I didn't install it. Instead through various gifts, purschases I ended up with all the components of the PSE ready Fabspeed package.

While I was doing an oil change, I decided to install the Fabspeed kit. In retrospect I could have bought the package for non-PSE cars but hindsight is 20/20. I will sell that separately.

I installed the PSE Fabspeed kit without the PSE plumbing/programming. What this means is the valves were open all the time. Imagine an F1 car in your driveway. The sound is glorious.

That being said valves open all the time wears thin quickly...

I ended up taking the car to my dealer where they retrofitted the PSE plumping and console button. It made all the difference. I would be perfectly content to run the car valves closed 80% of the time. The Fabspeed sounds great valves closed. Like the standard PSE the valves open automatically when you get on the throttle.

But I could really enjoy the the open valves when I wanted, which really is key.

The guys at the dealer loved it. When I picked up the car they told me folks went into the garage just to hear the car, and I kid you not it sounds like an F1 car at open throttle.

I have a little resonance. I will see where this is in a week or two. I have to see if the new pipes are touching each other or something else. If it is I will take a trip to Fabspeed to see if they can make some adjustments. Weather permitting I will try to get a video this weekend.

Overall I am very happy with the addition. The car sounds awesome would like you would expect a Porsche should sound. I don't have a turbo or even an S but it sounds like a monster when I want it to.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:11 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks for the run down on your process Shashi, I love to hear such positive feedback. With valves open it really does sound incredible, but I'm glad you were able to gain valve functionality. Can't wait to see the video once you post it!

Originally Posted by shashi27
I installed the valevtronic performance package about two weeks ago. It was pretty straightforward. That's not to say there wasn't some cursing and scraped knuckles.

Some background - My 3.4L carrera did not come with PSE and I actually bought the PSE retrofit from Suncoast. However, in the end I didn't install it. Instead through various gifts, purschases I ended up with all the components of the PSE ready Fabspeed package.

While I was doing an oil change, I decided to install the Fabspeed kit. In retrospect I could have bought the package for non-PSE cars but hindsight is 20/20. I will sell that separately.

I installed the PSE Fabspeed kit without the PSE plumbing/programming. What this means is the valves were open all the time. Imagine an F1 car in your driveway. The sound is glorious.

That being said valves open all the time wears thin quickly...

I ended up taking the car to my dealer where they retrofitted the PSE plumping and console button. It made all the difference. I would be perfectly content to run the car valves closed 80% of the time. The Fabspeed sounds great valves closed. Like the standard PSE the valves open automatically when you get on the throttle.

But I could really enjoy the the open valves when I wanted, which really is key.

The guys at the dealer loved it. When I picked up the car they told me folks went into the garage just to hear the car, and I kid you not it sounds like an F1 car at open throttle.

I have a little resonance. I will see where this is in a week or two. I have to see if the new pipes are touching each other or something else. If it is I will take a trip to Fabspeed to see if they can make some adjustments. Weather permitting I will try to get a video this weekend.

Overall I am very happy with the addition. The car sounds awesome would like you would expect a Porsche should sound. I don't have a turbo or even an S but it sounds like a monster when I want it to.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fabspeed 991 Carerra Valvetronic Exhaust