Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 PCM questions / issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 04:43 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

For some reason, this thread reminds me of this bit.

Old 10-03-2016, 02:20 AM
eddiek
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the website, it states that it's standard on the 2017 PCM and I don't see it as a separate option on the configurator site.
Old 10-03-2016, 08:44 AM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 113 Posts

If you are talking about Voice Control it is separate on the SA's configurator.
Old 10-03-2016, 02:43 PM
stephen k
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

I've just finished setting up my myscreen and my car is not loosing the set pages. So your situation is not normal.

This may or may not be parallel but I had a 2012 Cayenne S that no longer let me save new memory settings. It would give me a gong whenever I pressed Set and # but when I would turn the car off then back on it would just go to the previously saved seat setting. I know this has nothing to do with your multimedia myscreen page but it sounds similar to what I had dealt with in terms of setting the car memory. I took it into the dealer and they reset my memory settings through the OBD port. Worked fine since then. You need dealer assistance.

It seems like a few cars have alzheimer's package checked off without us knowing..

Good luck.

Stephen
Old 02-28-2017, 07:09 PM
drgek
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by LCW
Quick update on this. I tried to do the reset as ipse dixit suggested and it did work... for a few days... now it lost the contacts again. So it looks like it will be a trip to the dealer which I have been trying to avoid because it will be a nightmare trying to explain the situation on a car they have no experience with (yet).... will report back once I go..
The recent PCM update performed at my Porsche dealer seems to have solved this problem.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:20 PM
AlBinVA
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 63 Posts

subscribed for future reference
Old 03-02-2017, 11:55 AM
LCW
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by drgek
The recent PCM update performed at my Porsche dealer seems to have solved this problem.
thank you for the report. Will ask for that next month when the car goes in for service. will let the group know if that does it for me as well.
Old 03-22-2017, 11:12 AM
ATLBond
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default PCM update nightmare

The PCM software was updated on my 991.2 C2S last week as part of first year service. A lot of things have gone crazy since; reverse camera won't come on, am unable to save any settings (display, seat, etc.), system says defective SIM card even though there is no SIM card (once the error message pops up, PCM is as good as dead as you cannot navigate away to anything until u switch engine off, lock car and restart after few hours), the car is running google maps / broadcasting wi-fi without SIM card, etc. Dealership was unable to fix the issue by 're-flashing' (their words) the firmware and they have contacted Porsche NA for guidance. I'll update once everything is fixed. Those of you about to give your car for a PCM update, please check with the dealership if they have had any issues before doing it.

Quick Reply: 991.2 PCM questions / issues