Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GP Automobile Renewal Service - GTS - Paint correction, nano coating, and clear bra

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 08:21 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 698 Likes on 366 Posts
Smile GP Automobile Renewal Service - GTS - Paint correction, nano coating, and clear bra

For over 20 years, we're fortunate to have made GP an institution for SoCal Porsche-philes by offering a "unique" level of service that one can only experience. We perform this magic in a place we lovingly call "the asylum". It's both a place of haven for those that simply cannot go anywhere else, and a place where we, the orderlies, can express our unique talents and artistry using your vehicles as our canvas.

Below, is another project that we lovingly completed recently. There's lots of behind-the-scene photos here, as with all my write-ups So, sit back, and I hope you enjoy the journey. We sure did

Most our clients are versed in how to take delivery of a new car. This is the most ideal way to bring us a new project. From the factory, unfortunately, the final inspection and paint quality require a little more TLC. So, that's strike one. Having untrained hands wash and "detail" post-factory, can lead to strike 2. So, we ask our clients to request as little done as possible until they take delivery.

This GTS is in good company and getting acquainted with other patients at the asylum

As you'll see below, this GTS was untouched and required further care.

These imperfections, we believe, are due to paint not curing 100% prior to the white protective wrapping is applied. We managed to correct the defects, which were on all areas that had white wrapping, without too much clear coat being taken down.

Paint correction is a messy process, but results are amazing. Further cleaning and prep work will be done to make sure no polish dust is anywhere on the vehicle, as this could lead to unwanted imperfections in the clear bra installation. White dust particles on a Mexico Blue color don't go well together

Excess film skillfully hand-trimmed

Since this was our Advanced level installation, removing the bumper allowed us to fully wrap edges wherever possible, yielding an undetectable final result

Entire side done in one piece

Specializing in Porsches allows us to make investments in the proper tools. In this case, the letters are reapplied to the same spec as factory using the same equipment and tools as the craftsman that put your Porsche together in Germany. Truly respecting the art and science that is Porsche

Once clear bra is installed, we further clean the film and apply a nano coating to it. This further brings out the brilliance in the film giving it more gloss and depth, consequently, minimizing the appearance of "film" and bringing out the paint. We IR cure our nano coating to maximize performance and durability

Wheels and calipers nano coated for protection and less maintenance. Center locks were lubed and torqued back to spec

All interior surfaces, leather-plastics-alcantara, nano coated as well for further protection

If you've lasted this long through this thread, I thank you for taking the time and you must be a true enthusiast. It takes great patience, specialized know-how, and years of experience to perform this level of work on such amazing cars. We're privileged to continually have clients seek out or service and allow us to do what we love. Thanks again for checking out this thread
Old 05-09-2016, 09:24 PM
Bishop200
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Incredible job, Moe. Congratulations
Old 05-09-2016, 09:32 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 261 Posts

God, I wish you guys had a store in the East Coast....
Old 05-09-2016, 09:38 PM
9914s
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 137 Posts

I know I'm not supposed to ask. But how much do you guys charge for a job like that? Beautiful!!!
Old 05-10-2016, 05:17 AM
satoru
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

OMG flawless...on a totally different level. Great job guys!!!
Old 05-10-2016, 06:54 AM
LonnieR
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by neurotichamster8
God, I wish you guys had a store in the East Coast....
There are guys on the east coast that can do this. Speak to Eddy Fiuza (master detailer-did the 250 LWB Ferrari worth 100mil at Pebblebeach). He's in Florida. He can direct you to the guys he works with that does these wraps down here. (954)415-5170.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:33 AM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 261 Posts

Thanks! Saved his contact.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:33 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,423 Likes on 2,237 Posts

INCREDIBLE WORK! kudos
Old 05-10-2016, 08:55 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Outstanding craftsmen ship, Moe! Thanks for sharing and educating.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:04 PM
cajerseyboy
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 95 Posts

Best attention to detail on a wrap that I have seen. Did you wrap the license plate too? . I wouldn't knock it if you did.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:15 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

That's some serious time invested. Great work! If I was in the market I would definitely search you out.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:20 PM
Rezus
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Incredible
Old 05-10-2016, 09:38 PM
reuben991
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NA430GTS
Best attention to detail on a wrap that I have seen. Did you wrap the license plate too? . I wouldn't knock it if you did.
Not wrapped but it has been coated with Cquartz Finest
Old 05-10-2016, 10:43 PM
///Armin
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Impeccable work, amazing attention to detail and final results really show it!

In reference to the nano coating, is this CQuqartz finest? what's the advantage in applying to interior parts?

Also, I have found Cquartz a bit difficult to work with when washing the cars, the dirty areas dry so quickly so a lot of times the wash mitt is being applied to a dry surface?
Old 05-10-2016, 11:58 PM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts

Got a chance to see this car in the flesh while mine was being detailed by Moe. Absolutely stunning color in person and of course, Moe's work was impeccable. I didn't realize the entire car was wrapped.

Quick Reply: GP Automobile Renewal Service - GTS - Paint correction, nano coating, and clear bra