Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Experience Center - Atlanta - New Vehicle Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 12:23 PM
vivekg
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sounds like a great time. Congrats on getting your car and enjoying the ride home. I just broke 1000 miles on mine and am looking forward to getting past 2000 (or is it 2500 now :-) ).

Vivek
Old 05-03-2016, 12:32 PM
LCW
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
Is the 2500 mile limit new for the 991.2s? They raised it from 2000 miles?

Thanks for posting. PEC - Atlanta is wonderful. I've been three times and going again next month to drive a 991.2.
Honestly, I don't know if the 2,500 mile is new... this is my first Porsche... the way I am using the car, covering the additional 500 miles will not take too long :-)
Old 05-03-2016, 12:47 PM
LCW
Pro

in terms of scheduling here is what happened to me and what I know. It is through this forum that I learned about the PEC delivery as soon as it became available. At that point, my car had just been built and on its way to Emden. So I called PCNA and explained my situation and that I would have loved to reroute the car to PEC. They were very helpful and managed to do just that. Of course, the car needs to have a destination before it boards a ship in Emden, so they know where on the ship it should be stored. In general terms, what I have been told is that PEC will schedule your delivery only once your car is on a ship - which makes a lot of sense. So that window is at least two to three weeks. At the moment the PEC is only doing deliveries three days a week and only one delivery per day, so it has limited capacity for the moment. They told me they will move soon to two deliveries per day. I would expect that if the program is successful, there may be a bit of wait between the time your car arrives in the US and when you actually pick it up.
In general, I don't think there is a way to confirm a specific date many months in advance, although the folks at PCNA are so helpful and accommodating that they will do whatever they can to accommodate a specific date request.

I hope this helps.
Old 05-03-2016, 02:14 PM
racemor
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by LCW
I hope this helps.
Yes, that helps. Thanks. Since it's a new program my dealer is also learning along the way. At this point, I'm the first Hendrick customer to request Atlanta delivery, as far as I know, and they were not sure of all the details either.
Old 05-04-2016, 01:34 AM
Shotgun
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
Facility looks fantastic. Thanks for review. Time for a road trip, I think.
Indeed, make that trip! I was there last Friday (29th) and the place is absolutely phenomenal. I took a few pics while there...

http://roberre.zenfolio.com/p777172153
Old 05-04-2016, 07:55 PM
uberspeed3
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shotgun
Indeed, make that trip! I was there last Friday (29th) and the place is absolutely phenomenal. I took a few pics while there...

http://roberre.zenfolio.com/p777172153
Awesome, thanks!
Old 05-04-2016, 10:32 PM
Rick GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 75 Posts

nice, thanks for sharing.
Old 05-04-2016, 10:45 PM
SMZ
Advanced

Thanks for the great review. A really fantastic tour and delivery followed by free track time--the ultimate no brainer. You just forced me to spend a few hours on the configurator.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:13 PM
Gleek48
Rennlist Member

If you want the car shipped from the PEC, is it at the owner's expense or Porsche? I would think it would be the new owner.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:20 PM
LCW
Pro

At the owner's expense.... I don't I would do it if I had to ship it home...
Old 06-11-2016, 05:08 PM
ettenw
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default PEC for New York customer

LCW, I'm not sure what state you live in, but I have a new Cayman on order and also wanted to take delivery in Atlanta to take advantage of the PEC. My dealer, in New York, investigated and found that the only way to do that was to go there, take delivery, and then have the car shipped back to NY (at my expense). The reason given had to do with the Atlanta location not being able to do NY state inspection. I thought I could just bring plates and and a temporary inspection sticker with me and drive it home.

Did you have any such issues from your state?
Old 06-11-2016, 10:11 PM
LCW
Pro

I am in Florida and Florida does not require inspections. So I just showed up with my plate, they put it on the car and I was off on my way. As the PEC delivery program is new, it is possible that the PEC is not yet set up to do inspections for the states that do require it. I would suspect this may be a temporary thing as I can't imagine why any company would close the doors to such a huge market like New York. The best thing to do is to email the good folks at PCNA at PEC.Delivery@porsche.us and ask them directly. They are very good guys.
I am new to Florida and used to live in NY. In 2008 I bought a BMW M6 and I went to the BMW center in South Carolina to pick it up and drove back to NYC. I don't remember having any issues with inspections... So I suspect, if it is true, it must be a temporary thing... In any case, you see people drive around with temporary plates all the time. I would suspect those folks don't have inspection stickers on the car yet...

Good luck. Do let us know how it works out. I will be curious.
Old 06-12-2016, 12:33 AM
oalvarez
Three Wheelin'

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

what a great looking car....love the silver wheels on the dark blue....congrats!
Old 06-12-2016, 12:35 AM
oalvarez
Three Wheelin'

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

and thanks for sharing your Porsche Experience with us....have a few colleagues who have done the same and it sounds like a lot of fun.
Old 07-15-2016, 04:07 PM
TAL2GK
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by racemor
Yes, that helps. Thanks. Since it's a new program my dealer is also learning along the way. At this point, I'm the first Hendrick customer to request Atlanta delivery, as far as I know, and they were not sure of all the details either.
I've been told that I'm the second Hendrick customer to do it. So you and I are trailblazers in Charlotte. I'm a little concerned about the delay between when I could've gotten my car at the dealership vs when I can get it in Atlanta. Mine isn't scheduled to arrive in the Jacksonville port until September, so I guess I'll be learning from your delivery.

Does anyone else know how long after arrival at port is typical for PEC delivery?

Quick Reply: Porsche Experience Center - Atlanta - New Vehicle Delivery