Sponsored by:

Blendmount

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 01:20 AM
drgek
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Blendmount

Would anyone who's taken delivery of a 991.2 be willing to either post or PM me pics of the front and back (stem) of the rear view mirror? I'd like to order a Blendmount and want to verify the correct part on their website. Thanks.

Gary
Old 04-15-2016, 10:36 AM
budrichard
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm taking delivery today and can certainly snap a pic.
I have my V1 tethered to a Belndmount on my 981B and it certainly is the best out there but, and this is a big but, before I consider a Blendmount, I will test one of V1's with the Adaptive Cruise Control.
There is a big 'Eye' in my front lower bumper that I assume is the radar unit. I don;t know if it's on 100% of the time or whether, it's OFF when not in use or there is a User Option on the Control stick to turn the Adaptive Cruise OFF.
So until I know if and how I can use my V1, I am waiting.
I have the manual but got overloaded reading through it.
Today i plan on basics to get me out of the Dealership and the rest I will figure out myself.-Richard
BTW I have acquired a Rho V2 front plate mount that I also will experiment with.
If it works, I will keep it in the frunk to try to placate any LEO. The Rho folks are real nice and if it doesn't work, I can return it as they don't know either.
Old 04-15-2016, 11:04 AM
drgek
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by budrichard
I'm taking delivery today and can certainly snap a pic.
I have my V1 tethered to a Belndmount on my 981B and it certainly is the best out there but, and this is a big but, before I consider a Blendmount, I will test one of V1's with the Adaptive Cruise Control.
There is a big 'Eye' in my front lower bumper that I assume is the radar unit. I don;t know if it's on 100% of the time or whether, it's OFF when not in use or there is a User Option on the Control stick to turn the Adaptive Cruise OFF.
So until I know if and how I can use my V1, I am waiting.
I have the manual but got overloaded reading through it.
Today i plan on basics to get me out of the Dealership and the rest I will figure out myself.-Richard
BTW I have acquired a Rho V2 front plate mount that I also will experiment with.
If it works, I will keep it in the frunk to try to placate any LEO. The Rho folks are real nice and if it doesn't work, I can return it as they don't know either.
Thanks, will await your shots. I didn't order the adaptive cruise control. However, in my previous Audis the lane change assist, which I did order on my 991, rendered my Valentine 1 useless; turning the lane change assist off only turned off the display but apparently not the radar emitted. Lane change assist in my Jaguar F-Type did not cause my Passport Max to false at all.
Old 04-16-2016, 07:26 AM
budrichard
Banned

Best I could do at this time.
I will need some daylight and will put the top down on the Boxster and compare with the 991.2, if they look alike the Blendmount for the 981/991 should work.
On the drive home , the V1 had no problems, It is the latest software with the 'K1 Junk Band Fighter' activated. I also have LCA which worked very nicely, I wish my Boxster had it!
But I did not use Adaptive Cruise and have not yet checked whether it is activated on the User Settings.
So more to come.
Did get a CLOSE lookover from the Kenosha County Sheriff as I only have a 'Drive Away' tag on the rear window. Or maybe he was just letting me know he's watching!-Richard
Attached Images  
Old 04-16-2016, 03:00 PM
drgek
Rennlist Member

Thanks again, Richard.
Old 04-16-2016, 04:24 PM
budrichard
Banned

FWIW, verified Adaptive Cruise activated.
No problems in Cruise with the V1.
Works as advertised, set 75 mph through Kenosha Cnty and would slow down if behind a slower car and keep the set distance.
Kenosha and Racine Counties are heavily manned by Law Enforcement both at the County and State level.
When you get to Illinois, it's onto the gas on the Tollway and Expressways.
Anyway I really like the Adaptive Cruise Control.-Richard

Quick Reply: Blendmount