Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

European Delivery C4 ( mostly acronym-phobic build)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2016 | 04:29 PM
mb1
Rennlist Member

Default European Delivery C4 ( mostly acronym-phobic build)

I finally took delivery of my 991.2 GT silver over black C4 on Monday. Relatively simple build. Extended black leather, 14 way heated seats, sports exhaust, new smaller steering wheel with multifunction and sport design mirrors. I skipped the vast majority of the ultra driver-focused options. (SPASM, PDCC, sports chrono etc). To those that are getting caught up in the configuration roller coaster, keep in mind that you can have a totally awesome car without all of the performance hoopla. I'm sure that each of those options enhance the experience, but the car is phenomenal even without them. I will never know what I'm missing, and I'm ok with that.
Started in Zuffenhausen, drove to Lucerne for the night and am now in Grindelwald. Unfortunately, nearly all of the famous Swiss passes are closed for the winter. Driving in Germany was far more entertaining than driving thus far in Switzerland, but the scenery is spectacular. The Porsche delivery guy strongly advised against speeding in Switzerland. Apparently the police are super vigilant about speeding here. A few photos from the trip so far.
And a gratuitous picture of an R at the factory.
Attached Images     
Old 04-12-2016 | 04:53 PM
tgcrun
Three Wheelin'

Beautiful car, beautiful scenery, and that R looks amazing. Your comments are spot on. Everyone has his or her own opinion on must haves, but at the end of the day, even the most basic 911 is a fantastic car.
Old 04-12-2016 | 05:05 PM
Racer

- Fab! Great scenery for your new C4; and a very 'clean' 911 (I ticked a few more boxes... )

I also recommend the Bavarian Alps; and the lakes near Munchen; and the Romantsiche Strasse. Also cool that you saw an R.

6 weeks to go to my pick-up, can hardly wait!

ps yes, stick to the A-bahn to go fast, not CHF.
Old 04-13-2016 | 04:14 PM
KY_soldier
Racer

Good for you mb1. I agree that often time the cars I loved the most were lightly optioned vehicles with only what I really needed, and they tended to do the best on resale since I hadn't taken a hit for a bunch of options up front. If the measuring stick for used ones is what you can get a new one for, a lightly optioned car will always hold up since you likely can't get a new one for what that one would sell for. And the car is more than fantastic out of the box with the new nav setup, pasm standard and more.
Old 04-13-2016 | 05:14 PM
spiderv6
Rennlist Member

Fabulous! Lived in Germany and Switzerland for many years and you are making me very jealous.

Be very careful of speeding in Switzerland - it's not just the cops it's the cameras they hide behind bushes so that you don't notice them until you see the FLASH in your rear view mirror........and they WILL charge you handsomely (personal experience talking )
Old 04-13-2016 | 05:48 PM
Grunty
Burning Brakes

I get the impression that Switzerland is the Virginia of Europe.
Old 04-13-2016 | 05:51 PM
Cherryblock
Rennlist Member

I totally agree!

I have and have had (and soon very fortunate to add even some additional) very driver focused P cars- but every time I get in my 2015 C4 DD with basic build I love it- simple Porsche that is still very bit a 911.
Old 04-13-2016 | 05:51 PM
Cherryblock
Rennlist Member

ps Thank you for the spectacular photos!
Old 04-13-2016 | 05:57 PM
mb1
Rennlist Member

Thankfully (from a driving standpoint) out of Switzerland. Would I know by now if I was caught speeding? I was extremely careful not to intentionally speed, but the limits were not always clearly marked. Do they have any way to pass along a ticket once you're out of the country?
Jungfraujoch (not by car obviously)
Alsace region (currently in Strasbourg)
Attached Images     
Old 04-14-2016 | 09:49 AM
nvk
Rennlist Member

Beautiful car and pics. Please share interior pics as well
Old 04-14-2016 | 01:39 PM
mb1
Rennlist Member

Black Forest and Strasbourg
Attached Images   
Old 04-14-2016 | 02:18 PM
Speedster91
Track Day

Congratulations on that awesome car!

I agree totally. Can still be an amazing car without all the bells and whistles.

Was skeptical about the centered exhausts when looking at the pics when they first came out but I love the way they look in real life.
Old 04-15-2016 | 10:32 AM
mb1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nvk
Beautiful car and pics. Please share interior pics as well
... and a few from the museum and Heidelberg.
Attached Images      
Old 04-15-2016 | 04:09 PM
sfy1505
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mb1
I finally took delivery of my 991.2 GT silver over black C4 on Monday. Relatively simple build. Extended black leather, 14 way heated seats, sports exhaust, new smaller steering wheel with multifunction and sport design mirrors. I skipped the vast majority of the ultra driver-focused options. (SPASM, PDCC, sports chrono etc). To those that are getting caught up in the configuration roller coaster, keep in mind that you can have a totally awesome car without all of the performance hoopla. I'm sure that each of those options enhance the experience, but the car is phenomenal even without them. I will never know what I'm missing, and I'm ok with that.
Started in Zuffenhausen, drove to Lucerne for the night and am now in Grindelwald. Unfortunately, nearly all of the famous Swiss passes are closed for the winter. Driving in Germany was far more entertaining than driving thus far in Switzerland, but the scenery is spectacular. The Porsche delivery guy strongly advised against speeding in Switzerland. Apparently the police are super vigilant about speeding here. A few photos from the trip so far.
And a gratuitous picture of an R at the factory.
You've got me REALLY excited! Pick up my Targa 4S in Zuffenhausen on April 26. What were the best parts of picking it up? I have an 8:15 start time that day, anticipating being there until about 3:00 with the factory, the museum, lunch and delivery. How long were you there?
Old 04-15-2016 | 04:32 PM
mb1
Rennlist Member

I also had 8:15 meeting time. The Porsche guy met me at about 8:30ish. Signed a few papers and then went upstairs to see the car. Once upstairs, he went through the set up process. Specially, he went through things like seat memory, display preferences for the PCM and dash functions. We were done in time for the 10am factory tour in English. Tour took about 80-90 minutes. Very cool. Then took us to the restaurant for lunch. It was reasonably fancy and didn't appeal to me or my 21 year old son. I'm much happier with a quick sandwich and a Coke than I am with salmon and wine for lunch. We blew it off and headed to the Autobahn. My "break in" period lasted about 25 minutes.
The museum is closed on Mondays, so it wasn't an option. We went to the museum today after drop off and it took about an hour. I think you'll be out of there at 3 at the latest, probably earlier. Overall, it's an amazing experience. I posted more details in the General Discussion- European Delivery section of Rennlist if you're interested. If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me.

Quick Reply: European Delivery C4 ( mostly acronym-phobic build)