Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pic Request: GTS Black Tips (Angles, Measurements, etc)

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 05:27 PM
Cristophosphorus
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Pic Request: GTS Black Tips (Angles, Measurements, etc)

I had the AWE SwitchPath installed a few weeks ago. Love the sound, and, as I've been promising so many people over PMs (and lagging it), I'll definitely do a write-up and post videos comparing PSE vs. Cargraphic vs. AWE soon.

One thing I'm considering, though, is switching back to the stock GTS tips. The Diamond Black AWE tips are gorgeous, but they're too aggressive for my taste and I would rather keep a stock look for the rear.

That said, I know I'm going to run into trouble when my shop puts the stock tips back on, as alignment is never perfect with afrermarket muffler setups.

Does anyone have, or can anyone snap, a few pictures for me of their stock black GTS tips? Specifically, I'd like to see how far the tips stick out from the bumper when standing directly above the rear section of the car, and also how they look from either side of the car.

Thanks!
Old 03-31-2016, 11:31 AM
GraSox
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

PM sent
Old 03-31-2016, 12:35 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,638 Likes on 2,360 Posts

Originally Posted by Cristophosphorus
I had the AWE SwitchPath installed a few weeks ago. Love the sound, and, as I've been promising so many people over PMs (and lagging it), I'll definitely do a write-up and post videos comparing PSE vs. Cargraphic vs. AWE soon.

One thing I'm considering, though, is switching back to the stock GTS tips. The Diamond Black AWE tips are gorgeous, but they're too aggressive for my taste and I would rather keep a stock look for the rear.

That said, I know I'm going to run into trouble when my shop puts the stock tips back on, as alignment is never perfect with afrermarket muffler setups.

Does anyone have, or can anyone snap, a few pictures for me of their stock black GTS tips? Specifically, I'd like to see how far the tips stick out from the bumper when standing directly above the rear section of the car, and also how they look from either side of the car.

Thanks!
I can do this at the weekend, I'm installing my AWE then.
Old 03-31-2016, 12:44 PM
77tony
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 119 Posts

PM sent. 77tony
Attached Images   

Last edited by 77tony; 03-31-2016 at 01:02 PM.
Old 03-31-2016, 02:15 PM
teambell
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I can do this at the weekend, I'm installing my AWE then.
Larry, are you going to document the install? Or should I say - Will you please document the install?
Thanks!
Old 03-31-2016, 02:34 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by teambell
Larry, are you going to document the install? Or should I say - Will you please document the install?
Thanks!
if it goes well, yes!
Old 03-31-2016, 06:20 PM
Cristophosphorus
Racer

Thanks, guys. Got a few pics already and should do it.

Larry, can't hurt to see a few more pics. And I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts. I have a tab open with my thread write-up that's been overdue for weeks.

You'll love it.
Old 03-31-2016, 06:22 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Larry, can't hurt to see a few more pics. And I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts. I have a tab open with my thread write-up that's been overdue for weeks.

You'll love it.

I actually thought about keeping the stock tips but I got a deal on the diamond black tips...

I will be curious to see if the AWE will be too much for the cabriolet (and my wife) with the top down...

I thought I might try running a DbM before after to see ...
Old 03-31-2016, 06:30 PM
Cristophosphorus
Racer

I actually thought about keeping the stock tips but I got a deal on the diamond black tips...

I will be curious to see if the AWE will be too much for the cabriolet (and my wife) with the top down...

I thought I might try running a DbM before after to see ...

Do it. I don't have a proper back-to-back comparison with GTS' PSE vs AWE, but I do have PSE vs. Cargraphic vs. AWE on the way.

The diamond black tips are amazing but they're too aggressive for my taste. Just a matter of personal preference, but I'm keeping my exterior relatively stock and I really like the OEM black tips.
Old 04-04-2016, 05:03 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

You'll love it.
total fail - I could not get the factory vacuum line disconnected so I returned the car to stock PSE ... not sure I can be bothered pulling the back bumper and heat shielding to install this so it might just go back to TAG.
Old 04-04-2016, 05:11 PM
Cristophosphorus
Racer

total fail - I could not get the factory vacuum line disconnected so I returned the car to stock PSE ... not sure I can be bothered pulling the back bumper and heat shielding to install this so it might just go back to TAG.

Ouch. Hope it works out either way.
Old 04-04-2016, 05:14 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Ouch. Hope it works out either way.
me too; I'm just lazy, I cant be bothered pulling the bumper and heat shielding off to get better access to everything, that's clearly the way to go to do this "hassle-free"
Old 04-04-2016, 05:16 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 333 Likes on 206 Posts

I cant be bothered pulling the bumper and heat shielding off to get better access to everything, that's clearly the way to go to do this "hassle-free"
Hence why I got my local shop to install the BMC filters + x-pipe at the same time... not that there was any risk/chance of me doing the install myself of course.
Old 04-04-2016, 05:17 PM
Cristophosphorus
Racer

me too; I'm just lazy, I cant be bothered pulling the bumper and heat shielding off to get better access to everything, that's clearly the way to go to do this "hassle-free"

Any shops around you? I had a local shop put it on without having to remove the bumper at all. Same with my Cargraphic X. It takes ~30 mins longer but well worth it IMO.
Old 04-04-2016, 05:20 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Vise
Hence why I got my local shop to install the BMC filters + x-pipe at the same time... not that there was any risk/chance of me doing the install myself of course.
I already DIY-ed the BMC's and took the bumper off for that ... I just dont want to do that (and take the heat shield off as well) again ... problem is the factory
line (steel sheathed) is crimped at both ends, and just doesn't pop off (for me
at least) while lying underneath the car, and I dont want to force it and end
up with no recourse to return to stock w/o a new part (which I couldn't crimp
back on myself)

Quick Reply: Pic Request: GTS Black Tips (Angles, Measurements, etc)