Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first Porsche home at last (2017 991.2 C4S)

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 09:29 AM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOVE the red interior! So glad i picked that too!

Random question - saw the picture of the back seat - Folks don't kill me for asking this but is it possible to fit a human adult back there? lol

Yes - I am asking because my friends are going to kick my *** if I make them drive their own cars when we go upstate on weekends.

If the front seat is not all the way back - so the front passenger sacrifices a little bit to give the back a bit.... Communism in a porsche.

What say all of you?
Old 07-18-2016, 09:45 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,222 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by Bradley Scott

Random question - saw the picture of the back seat - Folks don't kill me for asking this but is it possible to fit a human adult back there? lol

Yes - I am asking because my friends are going to kick my *** if I make them drive their own cars when we go upstate on weekends.

If the front seat is not all the way back - so the front passenger sacrifices a little bit to give the back a bit.... Communism in a porsche.

What say all of you?
Depends on how tall your friends are. If they are about 5 feet tall and skinny, they may be OK. Taller than that, you will need new friends after your first weekend trip.
Old 07-18-2016, 09:48 AM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
Depends on how tall your friends are. If they are about 5 feet tall and skinny, they may be OK. Taller than that, you will need new friends after your first weekend trip.
oh well
Old 07-18-2016, 10:00 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 233 Likes on 125 Posts

oh well
It will be an excuse for them to get their own damn 911s, then everybody will want to drive separately.
Old 07-18-2016, 10:14 AM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
It will be an excuse for them to get their own damn 911s, then everybody will want to drive separately.
Well I'll break the news a bit more gently hehe.

Im going to find out this week when to expect the car. Apparently we got lucky and a car that was going into production was canceled and our build may have been put in that slot instead. Not sure - (i'd feel bad for others waiting for their cars) but let's see if thats true.
Old 07-18-2016, 10:39 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,222 Likes on 739 Posts

Effects on an adult after sitting in the back of a 991. First pic is after 20 minutes, second pic is after 60 minutes
Attached Images   
Old 07-18-2016, 10:43 AM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
Effects on an adult after sitting in the back of a 991. First pic is after 20 minutes, second pic is after 60 minutes
That;s great. Going to put that on my facebook!
Old 07-18-2016, 11:08 AM
07CarreraS
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 64 Posts

What say all of you?
Friends don't let friends drive their 911's with the rear seats occupied by more friends.
Old 07-18-2016, 11:37 AM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Originally Posted by 07CarreraS
Friends don't let friends drive their 911's with the rear seats occupied by more friends.
I surrender.
Old 07-18-2016, 01:11 PM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 284 Posts

What say all of you?
Short term use only for people up to 5'7" in my experience!
Old 07-18-2016, 01:20 PM
vivekg
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What say all of you?
My 14 year-old daughter and her friend (both about 5' 7") were able to fit one in front of the other (no one would work behind me) for about a week 45 minutes driving them back from a camp each day. They were definitely squeezed in, but it worked :-) Longer trips or any spirited driving I don't think it would be fun at all (for that size).

Vivek
Old 07-18-2016, 01:54 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 233 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by vivekg
My 14 year-old daughter and her friend (both about 5' 7") were able to fit one in front of the other (no one would work behind me) for about a week 45 minutes driving them back from a camp each day. They were definitely squeezed in, but it worked :-) Longer trips or any spirited driving I don't think it would be fun at all (for that size).

Vivek
Every time I see your thread title my mind replies, "Well, the danger on the rocks is surely past..."

Does that resonate with anyone else?
Old 07-18-2016, 05:19 PM
DtecD
Intermediate

Every time I see your thread title my mind replies, "Well, the danger on the rocks is surely past..."

"Still I remain tied to the mast", my mind continues unbidden. So is it the car itself that speaks, "Home at last."?
Old 07-18-2016, 06:04 PM
vivekg
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DtecD
"Still I remain tied to the mast", my mind continues unbidden. So is it the car itself that speaks, "Home at last."?
:-) I think I like the image of the car speaking that instead of me!
Old 07-18-2016, 06:56 PM
budrichard
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by vivekg
I love that you got them painted, they look great.
Thanks!
They showed up on the Configurator before my build locked, so everything is Gloss Black to match the engine cover, well the exhaust tips are just black as no Gloss option!-Richard

Quick Reply: My first Porsche home at last (2017 991.2 C4S)