Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

8 quarts of mobile 1, a filter and a crush washer. =$85
2000 mile DIY break-in oil change = priceless
Old 02-16-2016, 10:57 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 215 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
Today I bought a black, thin 991 GTS engine cover grill for my 991 GTS, which came with the standard 991S grill because I ordered mine with ducktail and Porsche used to only supply that with standard grill, although now they have shipped a GTS Rennsport Reunion Edition with duck and black grill, as detailed elsewhere.

Wish mine had come that way -- on the other hand, it's also nice to get something new after a year, so you keep the thrill alive. Helps keep the "gotta have a new and different car" thought from crossing my mind.
Grill came in yesterday! I set it in place atop the existing grill just to get a visual. Wow, it's gorgeous! Leaving town for a little R&R today, so I won't get to install it till next week. Spoiler alert: (get it?) This is going to look GREAT with ducktail and the black accent grill right beneath the ducktail.

Next up: refinishing black GTS wheels to a lighter shade, and 380mm rotors, and rebadging to

P O R S C H E
..911 GTS
Haven't gotten to any of this yet; been chasing the perfect color for the refinish. And I'm just too lazy to replace the letters -- meticulousness is not my forte. May take it to a bodyshop.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:27 PM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Received 421 Likes on 227 Posts

Updated Euro Maps and got Online Services software retrofitted. This enables the new Real Time traffic via INRIX. Pick up the car tomorrow and we'll see how it works. Apparently I'm the first guy in the Stuttgart area to get Real-time traffic added. It's a must here. Interested to see if INRIX is better than Waze.

Also did the Annual service with oil/filter change and both cabin air filters and two-year brake fluid flush.
Old 02-17-2016, 08:57 AM
ibmiked
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
Grill came in yesterday! I set it in place atop the existing grill just to get a visual. Wow, it's gorgeous! Leaving town for a little R&R today, so I won't get to install it till next week. Spoiler alert: (get it?) This is going to look GREAT with ducktail and the black accent grill right beneath the ducktail.

Haven't gotten to any of this yet; been chasing the perfect color for the refinish. And I'm just too lazy to replace the letters -- meticulousness is not my forte. May take it to a bodyshop.
Please paste before & after pics, preferably taken from the same angle. I'm on the fence about this mod...
Old 02-17-2016, 02:56 PM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pavegeno928
Updated Euro Maps and got Online Services software retrofitted. This enables the new Real Time traffic via INRIX. Pick up the car tomorrow and we'll see how it works. Apparently I'm the first guy in the Stuttgart area to get Real-time traffic added. It's a must here. Interested to see if INRIX is better than Waze.

Also did the Annual service with oil/filter change and both cabin air filters and two-year brake fluid flush.

Got the car back today and am very impressed with the Aha App functionality in conjunction with Online Services. The real time traffic is light years ahead of the standard blue triangles we get in Europe. The Software Version was updated to 4.76. The map update looks cleaner.

As soon as I started the car and plugged in my iPhone to the glove box USB, Aha started on its own and showed a Porsche to Aha link and took about 30 seconds to connect and talk. It automatically toggled "Traffic Data" On in the Vehicle Settings page. Subsequent starts did not need the 30 second handshake.

Real time traffic displays almost immediately after starting the car and PCM recognizes the iPhone. From the source menu, just select Aha. The search function for POI is much easier and immediately interfaces with the Nav function so there is no more hunting and pecking to find a POI through the PCM Navi function. I have had a mount for my iPhone so I could see Waze as it was light years ahead of the traffic receiver prior to integrating online services and Aha. I don't think I need Waze anymore so this will clean up the cockpit immensely.

We streamed some 80s radio channels through Aha. We haven't had Satellite Radio for almost five years being overseas, so this is awesome to now have. Tons of channels, so I have some research to do.

I'll be figuring out more of the benefits of adding Online Services and Aha functionality in the next few weeks.
Old 02-17-2016, 03:43 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 313 Likes on 191 Posts

Got the car back today and am very impressed with the Aha App functionality in conjunction with Online Services.
I should try Aha again... I had it installed but noticed that when driving it completely killed my phone battery. Like wiped out 50% in an hour of driving. Crazy.

Can anyone in the US/Canada confirm Real Time Traffic info works here via Aha?
Old 02-17-2016, 03:53 PM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Vise
I should try Aha again... I had it installed but noticed that when driving it completely killed my phone battery. Like wiped out 50% in an hour of driving. Crazy.

Can anyone in the US/Canada confirm Real Time Traffic info works here via Aha?
Was it plugged into USB in the glove box? It has to be for Aha and PCM to talk to each other...you can't bluetooth it.
The following users liked this post:
Jeff Burger (12-15-2022)
Old 02-17-2016, 04:19 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 313 Likes on 191 Posts

Was it plugged into USB in the glove box? It has to be for Aha and PCM to talk to each other...you can't bluetooth it.
No, it was connected via Bluetooth and it did work no problems. I got the Aha/Porsche screen on my phone and was able to stream music from the (limited) selection of stations. I also got local weather info and some other stuff.

I cannot however recall if the RTT worked or not...
Old 02-17-2016, 04:31 PM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

If you don't plug in via USB you will not get RTT. RTT just got released in the last few weeks over here, so you need to see your dealer to get the map update and install online services if you didn't get it as an option. If you have Sirius/XM traffic option and a subscription, you may get RTT, but someone in the US would have to confirm that. Bluetooth streaming and Waze killed my iPhone battery inside of 30 minutes so I always plug into USB which keeps you at 100% all day long.
Old 02-17-2016, 05:50 PM
gofit
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts

replaced plastic key cover with carbon fiber...very cool...
Old 02-17-2016, 09:54 PM
Jabs1542
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 86 Posts

If you don't plug in via USB you will not get RTT. RTT just got released in the last few weeks over here, so you need to see your dealer to get the map update and install online services if you didn't get it as an option. If you have Sirius/XM traffic option and a subscription, you may get RTT, but someone in the US would have to confirm that. Bluetooth streaming and Waze killed my iPhone battery inside of 30 minutes so I always plug into USB which keeps you at 100% all day long.
Confirmed, I have Sirum/XM traffic and get real time updates. MUCH better than google or anything else I can pull up on my iPhone. This is almost a necessity in the DC area if you have business meetings during the day.
Rob Blumel (04-09-2024)
Old 02-19-2016, 06:39 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,115 Likes on 665 Posts

Getting my front Aerokit lip painted - should be ready sometime next week!
Old 02-19-2016, 07:40 PM
X2Board
Pro

Received 94 Likes on 50 Posts

SPASM front spoiler.
scr1244 (12-22-2019)
Old 02-19-2016, 08:19 PM
john45in
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Just ordered sport design steering wheel, blind spot driver's mirror and led interior light kit for my 2013 C4.
Old 02-20-2016, 12:29 AM
Vista6019
Rennlist Member

Received 351 Likes on 141 Posts

Bought mine an oil change and a Porsche software update

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you buy your 991 today thread