Sponsored by:

DE event in Sebring the weekend of 27th

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 10:58 PM
08bonnie
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DE event in Sebring the weekend of 27th

Well last weekend my son and I went to the 48hrs of Sebring here in Florida. The racing was great, many privateer Porsche GT cars on the track tearing it up. Besides the track beasts there were lots of very nice P cars parked around so it was just a fun event to attend. During lunch break we had a chance to 'tour' the track with a lead car and about 30 or so more following. There was no passing allowed but i would say the driving was spirited. My 9 year old son was in the car with me and he just loved it. I was following a Cayenne that was just not going fast enough, according to my son. He insisted I pass him, screaming "It's the only option Dad!".

Suffice it say, our first outing on a track was a big success. The feeling of freedom I felt was liberating. No speed limits, no cops, nothing but you and some asphalt to test your skills. The 911s is really a track car that we use on the road. I had it Sport+ the entire time and the wail of the PSE and throttle blip on downshifts was addictive. The car just feels so planted and FAST that I finally got what the Porsche experience is all about.

Monday morning fist thing I signed up for the DE event at Sebring in a couple weekends. It's organized by my local PCA Suncoast chapter. All of the people I've emailed at PCA have been awesome. I've been very impressed with how quickly and thoroughly they reply to my questions, you can tell they are passionate and care about their stewardship of the P car community.

Today I brought the car to my local independent for a fresh oil change and brake fluid flush. Leo, the owner, is also a racer and a DE instructor. My local chapter president has his car serviced there and speaks highly of him. If any of you folks are in the Tampa Bay area the shop is German Specialties in Oldsmar. Nice guy, really patient with my noob questions and have nothing but good things to say about him. While he was doing the Tech inspection, a requirement for the DE event, he put racing brake fluid in. The car passed with flying colors and he commented in what good shape it was in, I was glad to hear that.

So there's my story, just wanted to share my enthusiasm with some folks that have probably already had a DE day or two. I'm super excited to actually get up to speed and test what the car can do, I'm sure it's capabilities are far beyond mine but if last weekend was any indication I'll having fun pushing the envelope. Any Rlisters going to be at that DE event?

Quick Reply: DE event in Sebring the weekend of 27th