PCM and my Iphone really don't get along

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 01:25 PM
CDH911C2S
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default +1

Originally Posted by SkipSauls
I have two iPhones that seem to have varying degrees of success with PCM. My work phone, a 6+, seems to work fairly well over Bluetooth or USB. The one exception is whenever I use Sriri to read texts, etc., which seems to cause the music controls to stop working, although the music continues to play. So far the only solution I've found is to switch to the radio and back, at which point all is well.

My personal phone, a 6, doesn't seem to work very well at all. When connected via USB it might display the list of songs, but it doesn't seem to want to play them, and I've had PCM reboot at least twice when that phone was plugged in. Besides being the smaller model, it's on Verizon vs AT&T, but I don't know why those differences would make it behave so oddly. I haven't tried pairing it to see if that helps it work more reliably, and that seems like a strange remedy.

I look forward to using CarPlay in future Porsches, and hope that all manufacturers support it. Let the experts handle the UI, apps, etc.!
+1
Old 02-14-2016, 09:22 PM
Just J
Rennlist Member

Received 335 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by Just J
I keep forgetting to take an Apple Lightning cable down to the car to see if I can replicate the issue using it in place of the ProClipUSA cable.
So it does appear that it is cable related, as I can replicate the problem (details farther above) with a different ProClipUSA mount-with-cable, but can't replicate it with an Apple Lightning cable. So I've ordered the ProClip mount that will let me use an Apple cable.
Old 02-15-2016, 11:26 AM
Mlbraptor
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I'm in the 911; my I-phone won't beep when I get a text message.
It will beep when I'm in my truck. Don't know why that is..
Old 02-15-2016, 01:46 PM
Rapture1
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Just J
So it does appear that it is cable related, as I can replicate the problem (details farther above) with a different ProClipUSA mount-with-cable, but can't replicate it with an Apple Lightning cable. So I've ordered the ProClip mount that will let me use an Apple cable.
I have had a few Pro Clip mounts, and while I like the product I have had 2 mounts fail at the Lightning connection. Both were the models with the built in cord. They were also for 2 different vehicles. Tried contacting customer service but very hard to get through. They don't sell replacement parts either although they do disassemble easily? I will probably go the route you are if another fails.
Old 02-15-2016, 02:12 PM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by Mlbraptor
When I'm in the 911; my I-phone won't beep when I get a text message.
It will beep when I'm in my truck. Don't know why that is..
You have to toggle on the message beeping alert in the PCM menu...check under the phone settings tree. I'll see if I can find it...just looked at it yesterday and turned it back on after being off.

EDIT: Phone/Option/Set Phone/Messages Data/SMS Signal Tone

Last edited by Pavegeno928; 02-15-2016 at 02:31 PM.

Quick Reply: PCM and my Iphone really don't get along