Sponsored by:

Non Full Cow Door Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 09:13 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Non Full Cow Door Upgrades

When I was shopping for my car; I was looking for a deal and willing to compromise on options in lieu of a great price - looking for value. In doing so a couple of options were forfeited including full leather.

The doors just look like something is missing with the outline of where the trim piece should be - in my case aluminum. It just looks 'blank' and I am shocked there is no aftermarket for this. I may have found a solution and have ordered some wrap samples to play with. Will be getting polished chrome with a satin clear overlay. The chrome is the closest color to what I have been able to find but too shiny; hence the satin overlay, and having 2 layers will help to smooth out the texture.

Has anyone else done this? Similar? Other?

Will post pics when the wrap comes in.
Old 02-08-2016, 09:15 PM
Dude174
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Subscribed!
Old 02-09-2016, 10:05 AM
Key Left
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
When I was shopping for my car; I was looking for a deal and willing to compromise on options in lieu of a great price - looking for value. In doing so a couple of options were forfeited including full leather.

The doors just look like something is missing with the outline of where the trim piece should be - in my case aluminum. It just looks 'blank' and I am shocked there is no aftermarket for this. I may have found a solution and have ordered some wrap samples to play with. Will be getting polished chrome with a satin clear overlay. The chrome is the closest color to what I have been able to find but too shiny; hence the satin overlay, and having 2 layers will help to smooth out the texture.

Has anyone else done this? Similar? Other?

Will post pics when the wrap comes in.

You might want to be careful, here. There is a specific safety reason for the lack of bright trim work on non-leather door panels....no DOT airbag test. You need to be sure whatever you put on that door panel allows the airbag to pop out. Do you plan to conduct a test?
Old 02-09-2016, 10:06 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Key Left
You might want to be careful, here. There is a specific safety reason for the lack of bright trim work on non-leather door panels....no DOT airbag test. You need to be sure whatever you put on that door panel allows the airbag to pop out. Do you plan to conduct a test?

absolutely not. A wrap will be easy enough to break through though.

Quick Reply: Non Full Cow Door Upgrades