Sponsored by:

2015 991 C4 Engine replaced by Porsche with less than 100 miles

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 01:37 PM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 233 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by MJBird993
If they gave you a service loaner, then you really don't have much to argue with for loss of use.
Kind of depends on the loaner. I was in for warranty work a couple months after purchase. Did they give me another GTS? Nope. An S? Nope. Any 911 at all? Negative. I got a basic version of the base Cayman 2.7, in Basic Brown over Basic Beige, with the only upgrade being the Base Pkg. They had the car 3 or 4 days, and I was truly starting to get antsy towards the end. Spoiled? You bet -- if I wasn't the "spoiled" type, they sure as hell wouldn't have gotten me to spend nearly a buck-and-a-half on one of their sportscars.
Old 02-10-2016, 08:32 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
Kind of depends on the loaner. I was in for warranty work a couple months after purchase. Did they give me another GTS? Nope. An S? Nope. Any 911 at all? Negative. I got a basic version of the base Cayman 2.7, in Basic Brown over Basic Beige, with the only upgrade being the Base Pkg. They had the car 3 or 4 days, and I was truly starting to get antsy towards the end. Spoiled? You bet -- if I wasn't the "spoiled" type, they sure as hell wouldn't have gotten me to spend nearly a buck-and-a-half on one of their sportscars.
Hah my car was in for a couple weeks while the troubleshot my heater issues to figure out that it was the changeover valve which I told them to begin with, and I got a base Cayenne with the stock "X666 ultimate back pain package" so I drove my beater around instead and the Cayenne garbage sat in the garage until they figured out I was right.
Old 02-11-2016, 08:06 AM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Dewinator
I got a base Cayenne with the stock "X666 ultimate back pain package"
Ha! Funny guy. I had that loaner once too, with the miserable V6 and the truck transmission. Sad days. My last service loaner was a Boxster S, which is why I now drive a Boxster S.

As to my original comments, I was referring to the loaner only in the legal sense that if they provide you with a car, any car, then that makes it tougher to get compensation for loss of use. Nothing can replace a 911, obviously.

Except, for me, a Boxster.

Quick Reply: 2015 991 C4 Engine replaced by Porsche with less than 100 miles