Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ventilates seats stop working after a few minutes

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2016 | 09:36 AM
maxpowers
Pro

Default Ventilates seats stop working after a few minutes

I haven't used them that often, but it was particularly hot yesterday and I had about a 40 minute drive and turned on the cooled ventilated seats for both me and the passenger. At first it felt like someone poured ice cold water on my back, which was great. As we were approaching I realized I couldn't feel it anymore. On the drive back I turned it on to full blast and couldn't feel a thing.

How does the seat cooling work? Should I take it in for this?
Old 01-03-2016 | 09:44 AM
Jabs1542
Rennlist Member

They aren't blowing AC on you, they are venting the heat off of you. They sort of work like the chiller in an AC system and work best when you are hot and sweaty (if you've ever jumped out of a swimming pool in Arizona you would get this easily). The "cool" you feel at first is the condensate being released from the heat trapped between your back and the seat. Once that has been released you don't "feel" the cool, but they are still working. Wait till this summer when it's brutal hot out, they will feel like they are working all day. BTW - These seats are awesome at the track where you are driving in the heat, with a window open, most likely with the AC turned off.
Old 01-03-2016 | 09:47 AM
LexVan
Banned

Our cooled seats pull the cabin air down and through the perforations. They don't blow the air out of the tiny holes. You should be able to clearly hear the fans running when activated. If you do not, then take the car in. Make sure there are no obstructions under your seats.

Quick Reply: Ventilates seats stop working after a few minutes