Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some questions about car operations....and some pics posted too!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 06:43 PM
bshah1976
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Some questions about car operations....and some pics posted too!

2014 991 TTS Coupe
White/Black
8300 miles when purchased.

...but most of my questions are not Turbo specific, hence posting here.

I have had my car for about 3 months now....and have driven 1000 miles.
This is by far my favorite car I have even had. Before this my fav was an E46 M3.
Currently have Michelin PA4s and it drives like an SUV. Just experience the first snow storm in Chicago and I felt comfortable driving.

1. Memory Seats
- If I want Memory 1, I have to hold it in to get to me preset setting - is this normal? My other cars, you press the button and it fully engages to the preset.
- What is the KEY button - next to #2?

2. Front Defogger
- Every time I turn it on, the TEMP goes to HIGH and I cannot turn down the fan. In fact, none of the buttons are operable.

3. Pics attached of my 9500ci. Love how it turned out.

4. My cell phone install. TDesign9 from Vlad, but I wanted the pro-clip instead so he put it all together. I opted for the one wired with the cig lighter adapter, so it remaining connected at all times, and did not have to worry about not having a BLACK cable.

5. PCCBs. So, in my previous car with Ceramic Brakes - this never happened. But when recently I have notice when WET or driving in snow, the brakes are not as sharp to stop. Have any of you experience this? If I press hard, I hear a small squeal.

Thanks in advance.

Happy New Year!
Attached Images      
Old 12-31-2015, 06:45 PM
bshah1976
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

The pictures are in the proper orientation, but for some reason rotated upon upload. No idea why. Sorry!
Old 12-31-2015, 06:54 PM
GTW4CG
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Memory Seats: If you have the door open, standing outside, just press the button and it will go all the way to the pre-set positions. If you are sitting in the seat with the door closed, you have to hold the button down until it goes all the way to the pre-set positions. (don't ask why...)

Key button: Works like memory buttons 1 and 2, but saves the settings to your key fob. On the Entry & Drive option, when you unlock the car, the key fob will automatically adjust everything to the way you had it set.

Defroster: That's normal. When the windshield clear up, just press the defroster button again to turn it off. Then you can select the air direction buttons and fan speeds for whatever you want.
Old 12-31-2015, 07:08 PM
TheEngineer
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another defroster strategy - press the button highlighted in the picture, then adjust the fan speed and temp manually. Not the fastest way to clear a foggy windshield, but it is a good way to prevent repeated build up.

Old 01-01-2016, 11:56 AM
Jabs1542
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 86 Posts

Couple more tips I recently discovered.

I can save my default HVAC settings on the keyfob, quite handy.

AND I can save my default zoom level for the PCM map, I like 0.30 miles - now that's my default.

Quick Reply: Some questions about car operations....and some pics posted too!