Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those who have cars being built within the next few weeks

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 06:21 PM
roadwellheeled
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quick update from the Factory. My car was 'born' yesterday. Unfortunately I missed it by 3 hours during the factory tour. Now I'm faced with an old adage of having a car built on a Friday or a Monday. The answer for me is: Both. Apparently at EOB on Friday, my car was on the production line and then completed on Monday. Couple that with a Stuttgart loss to Bremen in Bundesliga on Sunday, I'll have to see if it's a lemon or a rocketship .

Pics from my visit are forthcoming.

There were many cars being driven on the lot awaiting loading onto transporters. I can say the New Turbo has too much going on in the back end IMO. Also the 991.2's with the sport exhausts sound aggressive right after starting them while being choked at a higher RPM. Turbo whine is extremely noticeable at low speeds and at a throttle level one would use in a parking lot or residential street. Definitely not a fan of the turbo whistling and happy to have one of the last NA cars.

Lastly - Miami Blue is an impressive color, although I still prefer Mexico

Todd
Old 12-08-2015, 06:31 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Todd, love the update! Can't wait to see your ride.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:59 PM
Puf n Stuf
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you see my baby, tell her Daddy is waiting.
Old 12-09-2015, 03:43 PM
Tpup
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by roadwellheeled
Quick update from the Factory. My car was 'born' yesterday. Unfortunately I missed it by 3 hours during the factory tour. Now I'm faced with an old adage of having a car built on a Friday or a Monday. The answer for me is: Both. Apparently at EOB on Friday, my car was on the production line and then completed on Monday. Couple that with a Stuttgart loss to Bremen in Bundesliga on Sunday, I'll have to see if it's a lemon or a rocketship .

Pics from my visit are forthcoming.

There were many cars being driven on the lot awaiting loading onto transporters. I can say the New Turbo has too much going on in the back end IMO. Also the 991.2's with the sport exhausts sound aggressive right after starting them while being choked at a higher RPM. Turbo whine is extremely noticeable at low speeds and at a throttle level one would use in a parking lot or residential street. Definitely not a fan of the turbo whistling and happy to have one of the last NA cars.

Lastly - Miami Blue is an impressive color, although I still prefer Mexico

Todd
Sounds like a good time! FYI my car was also supposed to be started on Fri so I guess we will both have a Fri/Mon car.

Quick Reply: For those who have cars being built within the next few weeks