Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Climate control resets to 75F after restart .

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 03:41 PM
justabout
Rennlist Member

Received 312 Likes on 227 Posts
Default Climate control resets to 75F after restart .

I have a 2016 GTS with 200 miles. The climate control resets the selected temperature after each restart to 75F. I have auto memory selected and lock with the remote. It stores the other settings except the temperature. Is this normal?
Old 11-29-2015, 03:53 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 330 Likes on 204 Posts

Did you save the key settings with the new desired temperature before turning off the car? The memory package will recall the temperature associated with the key setting so perhaps that is it.
Old 11-29-2015, 04:10 PM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 37 Posts

as main driver , you need to store your favorite settings to mem button 3 ( key ) in addition to button one

then if you have another driver , like your spouse , have that driver store all their favorite settings while car is running with THEIR key in ignition and , again, press mem 3 ( key ) as well as button two .....but MAKE SURE your key is not near the car if you have the keyless go function during that second driver/key memory saving

buttons one and two are to toggle between the two drivers' stored favorite stations, AC settings, seats , mirrors, etc when , say, you are switching drivers at the airport drop off while car is running and/ or the other driver's key is at home...just be sure if you have keyless go , that the one catching the flight is not the one who drove there , since the key is still on their chain and if you hop in while idling and mosey onward to work , store or the gas station without YOUR key ...you are screwed once you shut the motor off !

so car will always restart , after sitting , with the full stored settings of the vehicle key that is used

( 75 is the default setting , btw )

Last edited by MKW; 11-29-2015 at 04:28 PM.
Old 11-30-2015, 10:15 AM
BarryLR
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it just me, or is this keyless entry system very capable yet very complex and difficult to use day-to-day? Seems I'm always being reverted to some old setting I thought I changed long ago, and spend lots of time changing settings again.
Old 11-30-2015, 10:35 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,200 Likes on 723 Posts

Originally Posted by BarryLR
Is it just me, or is this keyless entry system very capable yet very complex and difficult to use day-to-day? Seems I'm always being reverted to some old setting I thought I changed long ago, and spend lots of time changing settings again.
It's you. It should do everything you have programmed it to do once everything is set. Make sure you have everything memorized to your key (#3) - and if you change keys, make sure both keys are programmed.
Old 11-30-2015, 08:15 PM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by BarryLR

something is not right with your car if you are saving assigned memory and assigned key memory exactly in the sequence that the owner's manual instructs ....if so , ,then maybe a trip is needed to your dealer to be sure there isn't a bad BCM ( body control module ) of some sort

also, be sure you have " auto memory " toggled off via the MFC
Old 12-01-2015, 02:27 PM
justabout
Rennlist Member

Received 312 Likes on 227 Posts

I assumed the system on the 991 would operate just like my panny. I'm
the driver (mostly) so I set the climate control and it comes up with the same setting at each restart for the panny. I will try using the key button on the door as suggested above and turn off auto memory but there could be an issue with the BCM. For some reason the window randomly activates as if the door just closed although the door is already closed. It also happens when the door is sitting open with the ignition off. Locking the car (doors closed) eliminates that issue. This stuff isn't bad enough for a trip to the dealer, it just annoying.
Thanks for all the suggestions!
Old 12-01-2015, 03:24 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

I don't use the key memory in mine because I am the only driver. But, I did get all the settings, including climate control, PCM, etc. like I wanted them and turned on "Auto Memory", locked the doors with each key fob to "remember" the settings on each key, then turned off "Auto Memory" and all my settings stay as I want them when locking or unlocking the car.

Quick Reply: Climate control resets to 75F after restart .