Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Detailersdomain Black Friday's Discounts!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2015 | 12:22 AM
Highyo
Pro

Originally Posted by 917k
I'm curious: why? I have some micro-fiber cloths, work like a charm - only energy used is my own.
When you run that super compressed warm air over the porsche crest and see just how much water gets lodged there you will get it. Or how much water is between the door jam and the entrance. Or in the gas cap housing. Or in the wheels after a thorough cleaning.

To get your car truly clean, you have to really dry it. If you're not into keeping it that clean then it's not worth the coin. But comparing the masterblaster to some rags is just night and day.

And if you want to save energy probably choose not to own a Porsche?
Old 11-28-2015 | 10:44 AM
cajerseyboy
Banned

Originally Posted by STG991
Have this as well. Great vacuum. Really, could have gotten by with just this unit for blowing the car and vacuuming. Blowing the water out of those trim areas and all those areas that hold water is essential. Window trims, mirrors, bumpers, etc...
looking at this unit as well. Do you have any issues with shooting dust and debris out while using as a blower after using it as a vacuum? If not, it doesn't look like there is any downside to this unit over the master blaster and you get a vacuum.
Old 11-28-2015 | 11:25 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by NA430GTS
looking at this unit as well. Do you have any issues with shooting dust and debris out while using as a blower after using it as a vacuum? If not, it doesn't look like there is any downside to this unit over the master blaster and you get a vacuum.
When using it as a vacuum it blows air out the opposite side.

When using as a blower, you switch the hose to the opposite side which then sucks in air.

Just tried it out. When using as a blower, there is a whistling sound on the intake side. Sounds like restricted air trying to be sucked it. Still blows a good amount of air.

Overall, even at 50% on the Master Blaster, it seems like more air output than Vac N Blo. The Master Blaster also has a thicker hose. Having both blowers on for 8HP is insane. Ear piercing when the air hits lug bolts, trim pieces, etc.

Tough call! Since I have both units, obviously I just use the Van N Blo exclusively as a vacuum and the Master Blaster as a blower. Perfect combo. If you have a vacuum already, I'd go with the Master Blaster.

The Master Blaster will blow ALL water off your car. Especially if it has a coating or wax. Seriously, you'll only need one microfiber to go over it with a quick detailer for small water beads. That's it. No dozen towels, etc. The only microfibers you'll use is cleaning door jambs, under hood, etc.
Old 11-28-2015 | 11:33 AM
jw1977
Pro

I have the master blaster as well. It's fantastic at getting water off the car, wheels, etc. I have had a few issues with mine. Sometimes the hose pops off, not a huge deal but kind of annoying. I also had the ground portion of the plug break off. I still need to contact them about that one. Even using this I sometimes still get some water coming out of the rear lights when i drive it for the first time after washing.
Old 11-28-2015 | 11:34 AM
STG
Race Director

Here's a pic of the Vac N Blo. Shows two end you switch hoses to. Overall, in my opinion, if you're looking for the BEST blower, I'd go with the Master Blaster after looking closely at both.

Old 11-28-2015 | 11:38 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by jw1977
I have the master blaster as well. It's fantastic at getting water off the car, wheels, etc. I have had a few issues with mine. Sometimes the hose pops off, not a huge deal but kind of annoying. I also had the ground portion of the plug break off. I still need to contact them about that one. Even using this I sometimes still get some water coming out of the rear lights when i drive it for the first time after washing.
I had the same problem with the hose popping off. The air flow is that insane. I got a metal clamp from the hardware store to put on it. The kind you use for plumbing that notches with turning a screw. No issues since.

If you got up all the known water holding spots, you barely see any water come out. One secret area is the rear badge and front crest. Tons of water under those.

Tail lights, head lights, door handles, window trim, mirrors, and rear deck are a few others. Like mentioned, the water just flys off all panels too reducing drying with towels.
Old 11-28-2015 | 03:40 PM
cajerseyboy
Banned

When using it as a vacuum it blows air out the opposite side.

When using as a blower, you switch the hose to the opposite side which then sucks in air.

Just tried it out. When using as a blower, there is a whistling sound on the intake side. Sounds like restricted air trying to be sucked it. Still blows a good amount of air.

Overall, even at 50% on the Master Blaster, it seems like more air output than Vac N Blo. The Master Blaster also has a thicker hose. Having both blowers on for 8HP is insane. Ear piercing when the air hits lug bolts, trim pieces, etc.

Tough call! Since I have both units, obviously I just use the Van N Blo exclusively as a vacuum and the Master Blaster as a blower. Perfect combo. If you have a vacuum already, I'd go with the Master Blaster.

The Master Blaster will blow ALL water off your car. Especially if it has a coating or wax. Seriously, you'll only need one microfiber to go over it with a quick detailer for small water beads. That's it. No dozen towels, etc. The only microfibers you'll use is cleaning door jambs, under hood, etc.
Just what I needed to hear. Went with the master blaster and some polishes Thanks for taking the time to write and posting the pictures.
Old 11-28-2015 | 03:50 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by NA430GTS
Just what I needed to hear. Went with the master blaster and some polishes Thanks for taking the time to write and posting the pictures.
My pleasure. You'll be very happy. The Master Blaster (funny name huh), has two switches. 4HP each. One is heated air. Can use one at a time or both at the same time. I find myself using just one as the air power is insane. Usually the non heated one. That one tends to dry the water and leave dry spots. Great for blowing out wheels as well. I'm telling you, you'll barely need any micro fibers.

A great blower though. I don't see how some guys use leaf blowers?? Air isn't even focused and you're blowing up everything around your car too. Keep us posted on what you think later.
Old 11-29-2015 | 12:27 AM
cajerseyboy
Banned

My pleasure. You'll be very happy. The Master Blaster (funny name huh), has two switches. 4HP each. One is heated air. Can use one at a time or both at the same time. I find myself using just one as the air power is insane. Usually the non heated one. That one tends to dry the water and leave dry spots. Great for blowing out wheels as well. I'm telling you, you'll barely need any micro fibers. A great blower though. I don't see how some guys use leaf blowers?? Air isn't even focused and you're blowing up everything around your car too. Keep us posted on what you think later.
Will definitely keep you posted. I wondered about the water drying too quickly. I use Adams detail spray which works well with a wet car. Will most likely use on the wheels, mirrors and rear grill.
Old 11-29-2015 | 10:12 AM
sandbar
Instructor

In the warm months when all my washes are done outside, I prefer to stick to my Echo gas blower for getting water out of the wheel area, jambs, headlights and taillight bezels. Works like a champ.

However in the winter for the inside the garage washes, nothing like heated air from the master blaster. Great product.
Old 11-29-2015 | 03:05 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

What else would you guys get? I'm looking at tossing out all my old setup for a near professional setup. Really don't have anything to toss- but just a saying.
Old 11-29-2015 | 03:42 PM
LexVan
Banned

Originally Posted by German_Saint
What else would you guys get? I'm looking at tossing out all my old setup for a near professional setup. Really don't have anything to toss- but just a saying.
Quality towels. A good quick detailer, good leather protectant, a gallon of 303, Ragg Topp if you have a cabriolet, a syringe of Optimum Gloss for your wheels and a high quality sealant for the paint. Good micro fiber wash mitts. A quality wheel brush. Foam cannon.
Old 11-29-2015 | 04:53 PM
trucheli
Pro

Originally Posted by German_Saint
This is a great opportunity to invest in the best pressure washer in the market.
https://www.detailersdomain.com/coll...ressure-washer
Old 11-29-2015 | 09:15 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by trucheli
This is a great opportunity to invest in the best pressure washer in the market.
https://www.detailersdomain.com/coll...ressure-washer
Do you think that K2017T is better than the K1122TST? They both have the same "cleaning power" factor of ~2800, but the K1122TST looks like it has a nice auto on/off feature, while the K2017T is always on. The K1122TST is also on sale for about $270 cheaper on their site.
Old 11-29-2015 | 10:26 PM
trucheli
Pro

Originally Posted by Mech33
Do you think that K2017T is better than the K1122TST? They both have the same "cleaning power" factor of ~2800, but the K1122TST looks like it has a nice auto on/off feature, while the K2017T is always on. The K1122TST is also on sale for about $270 cheaper on their site.
I have the 2017 because I wanted more PSI. I like the on/off switch because I also use a regular hose. Since I have a clear bra I do not use the pressure washer in front of the car, I use pressure on wheels, doors, glass sunroof and rear of the car, then foam the whole car and pressure the foam again in the same way. The rest is done with regular hose. I really like the option to regulate pressure, I run around 800 psi max when I rinse and foam the car. For any other household use I run it at maximum psi which is good enough for pavers and driveway. The other advantage is that I won't disturb my neighbors with the noise.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Detailersdomain Black Friday's Discounts!