Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

shipping p-car cross country

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 12:28 AM
nkhalidi
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Last year around this time I used DIY Transport auto broker, and they farmed it out to R&J Elite Transport. R&J is an owner-operator legit car guy, also a PCA member. He is 919-607-5463. Very good experiences with both the broker and transporter. Excellent communication, fair pricing, photos of the car upon pickup, and delivery a day earlier than expected with plenty of notice.
Old 12-18-2015, 12:46 AM
captainbaker
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have been in a couple of broker court cases where the contract trumped everything in the end.

Years ago we picked up a good charter, last minute thing. Turns out the brokers plane had a mechanical. We started the trip no problem, then the broker called saying the passengers were un happy with the crew. Turns out they fixed their plane and wanted to pick up the rest of the 7 day trip. During arbitration, we subpoenaed the pax and the broker was blowing smoke. The only thing that saved us was a good contract.....and the passengers on our side.

The thing with brokers is they are selling spaces with other peoples carriers. If the carrier or broker breaks down, has a better haul etc. they will make up some story to blow you off. They have zero control if the owner drops the cargo, breaks down....

A contract is the only thing that will get your money back.
Old 12-18-2015, 02:37 PM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 284 Posts

I saw quotes for coast to coast of $2200-2400 enclosed when I was looking at East Coast cars.

Intercity has always had a great rep on Rennlist.

Quick Reply: shipping p-car cross country