Sponsored by:

Engine Rev Data

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 09:29 PM
mr58
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine Rev Data

I know that there's a way to pull engine rev data from the ECU. Is a dealer able to pull this for me and provide a print out? Also, is there a way to know the rev information historically - i.e. could I tie the high revs back to a specific date (a couple of weeks ago, etc.)?

Thanks for your help.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:37 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,404 Likes on 2,513 Posts

I don't think I've seen an over rev report on a 991 yet.

Over revs are shown as the most recent operating hour time stamp. From there you can compare to total operating hours and make some reasonable assumptions as to timing and recent events.

You can calculate an average miles per hour. And then back calculate from the time stamp operating hour to estimate the miles driven since the event.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:46 PM
mr58
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doesn't sound very specific - sounds like you'll get an estimate as to approximately when it last occurred. Does it only show the last time the car hit the red line? Thanks
Old 10-20-2015, 09:56 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,404 Likes on 2,513 Posts

Originally Posted by mr58
Doesn't sound very specific - sounds like you'll get an estimate as to approximately when it last occurred. Does it only show the last time the car hit the red line? Thanks
I'd need to see a specific report to better answer your question.

On the 997 for example, there are 6 over rev ranges. When a over rev occurs, a time stamp is given to the exact operating hour. No guess work.

Hitting redline on aggressive acceleration is not a real bad thing and can sometimes ping range 1 or 2.

Missing a downshift is very bad and causes detrimental and severe over revs in range 4-6.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:59 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
I don't think I've seen an over rev report on a 991 yet.

Over revs are shown as the most recent operating hour time stamp. From there you can compare to total operating hours and make some reasonable assumptions as to timing and recent events.

You can calculate an average miles per hour. And then back calculate from the time stamp operating hour to estimate the miles driven since the event.
It's my understanding that with the new software for the 991 they have lost the ability to print the DME scan, but the tech can always take a cell phone picture.

Quick Reply: Engine Rev Data