Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTK:What exhaust tip options 4 991 GTS with PSE

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2015 | 09:28 PM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by STG991
I would stick with the PSE OEM tips. They are designed perfectly to work with the exhaust and fit perfectly. Any of these aftermarket ones do not measure up.

I do agree with the ceramic coating. Used same place as Lex. Top notch. Torx is E12
Do you think it would effect sound or performance STG? Maybe the back pressure or sound would change by putting bigger outlet tips on. Compared to keeping them stock. I don't know enough about engines to figure that one out
Old 10-07-2015 | 09:38 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Just curious about what you don't like about the OEM GTS exhaust tips? I think they look great.
Old 10-07-2015 | 09:44 PM
STG
Race Director

Your dual exhaust pipes

Close up of side that is smaller on the exhaust tips.

The bigger diameter side is the side that slips over your exhaust pipe and what clamps on and holds them on. The smaller side just is a tight fit.

There actually is a hole connecting the two sides of the tips across the support that connects them. You can see the one torx screw that holds them on.
Old 10-07-2015 | 09:50 PM
STG
Race Director

If you let the pictures speak for themselves, I think you can realize how much design goes into the OEM tips. They are extremely high quality that no other aftermarket can come close to. As you can see, I think they are made to work perfectly with the exhaust. Sound and performance wise. My take on it!

Ceramic coated

OEM tips

Fabspeed. Blah .. The OEM tips are heavier, and better quality. Designed better too. Cost twice as much too as these trumpets.
Old 10-07-2015 | 09:59 PM
STG
Race Director

Dual center PSE mufflers. There are two others as well. One behind each rear wheel. You can see them in the wheel well.

German quality!
Old 10-07-2015 | 10:38 PM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by GSIRM3
Just curious about what you don't like about the OEM GTS exhaust tips? I think they look great.
Just personal preference. The ones I saw on the AWE looked way better I thought. Tad bigger outlet and it fills the back lower facia hole a bit more.
Old 10-07-2015 | 10:45 PM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Dual center PSE mufflers. There are two others as well. One behind each rear wheel. You can see them in the wheel well.

German quality!

Thanks for posting those pictures. I agree the German stuff is great and made for the car. But a friend of mine has a 991 Carrera S and has the AWE exhaust on that car. And it sounds way, way, better to my ears. More aggressive! In a good way. It has bigger tips that fill the lower facia better, and in my opinion looks better. I think on the PSE set up the tips look to small. Thats why I was wondering on tip change out. Than started thinking about the exhaust again.

To each their own. I may do that whole exhaust if I keep the car. Did a side by side of that car with a GTS right next to it in the lot. The AWE was just throatier and to everyone there sounded way better. I know the PSE will open up some. Its switchable too with the vacuum hook up.

Exhaust sounds are like music too ears. Some like it and some don't.
Old 10-07-2015 | 10:51 PM
STG
Race Director

I agree. There are some good full exhaust options out there. Akrapovic being very nice I've heard. Same goes for wheel options. I much prefer aftermarket to OEM. I just posted the info to share that with curious guys. Me personally, if staying with OEM PSE, I'd stay with the tips. If doing another exhaust system, many options on tips too.
Old 10-07-2015 | 10:52 PM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Exhaust I like. Notice the tips how they fill the voids. Think it looks a bit more aggressive.
Old 10-07-2015 | 10:53 PM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

I agree. There are some good full exhaust options out there. Akrapovic being very nice I've heard. Same goes for wheel options. I much prefer aftermarket to OEM. I just posted the info to share that with curious guys. Me personally, if staying with OEM PSE, I'd stay with the tips. If doing another exhaust system, many options on tips too.
I agree with you now too. You are right on the tips. I love this exhaust I posted above. Thanks Mr STG If you have any exhausts you have heard that you think are killer. Please share!
Old 10-07-2015 | 10:56 PM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Yes the Akras I heard are killer too. I have to find some sound clips!
Old 10-07-2015 | 11:04 PM
STG
Race Director

With AWE, you're pretty much just taking off the two center mufflers I posted a pic from. The sound will be louder. I wouldn't believe any additional HP claims. Loss in back pressure and low end torque? Not sure. To be honest, I'm not much of a performance mod kind of guy. I prefer more cosmetic mods.

Old 10-07-2015 | 11:05 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by stratocaster69
Yes the Akras I heard are killer too. I have to find some sound clips!
Killer $$$ too.

I've heard good things about the Tubi brand too. DrCollie on here has that one.
Old 10-07-2015 | 11:06 PM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

With AWE, you're pretty much just taking off the two center mufflers I posted a pic from. The sound will be louder. I wouldn't believe any additional HP claims. Loss in back pressure and low end torque? Not sure. To be honest, I'm not much of a performance mod kind of guy. I prefer more cosmetic mods.

Yes thats it. Perfect. Yes I for sure don't want to lose any power in the power band. Wonder how to really find that out.

Quick Reply: WTK:What exhaust tip options 4 991 GTS with PSE