Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I hate to post this!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 12:18 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

I must say though, my local SA and master mechanic are top-notch. I still ask a lot of questions and I am very thorough, but they do deliver the goods. I've gotten to know the mechanic, and he's the only one I let work on my car. They recently both moved to another Porsche dealer and I went with them.

It's good to try and establish long-lasting relationships.

But always, DO NOT WASH my car!! They know better. There, they cannot deliver. I'm the only one who washes it.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:20 AM
trucheli
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Dude174
Do it yourself, it's easier than you would think, plus you control it being done right and the oil you want to use. I never do dealer oil changes because it's so easy and they almost always f something up. Since you have no dipstick, you can't even tell if they really do an oil change at all! Much less the filter (although in your case the loose fan cover and loose drain bolt makes it obvious they at least drained and refilled it).
Now I am more inclined to do it myself.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:22 AM
trucheli
Pro

Originally Posted by duxsi
When you get your predictable PCNA survey, simply tell the truth.
I now deal with my service manager as my service advisor is borderline schizophrenic.
I don' think they will send me the survey.
Old 09-30-2015, 01:07 AM
Valkuri
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sometimes, I regret that there is no Porsche dealer in my community.
Other times? Not so much. Truly appalling. I'd expect better from a Ford dealer.
Old 09-30-2015, 01:44 AM
VIC_50th
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

I have great service at my dealership - I can have open discussions with both the SA and the master mechanic (who is a real enthusiast, too - did Euro Delivery with his dad, etc). There is a window in the service lobby area where you can watch the work going on in the shop; more often than not, the mechanic invites me in to watch him work, chatting amiably the whole time.
Get yourself to a different dealership!
Good luck!
Old 09-30-2015, 02:30 AM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

Wow. i think with a story like this, you should not be afraid to name the dealership on this thread. After all, you will probably not be going back there and it may save some other poor Rennlister getting their car screwed up.
Jim
Old 09-30-2015, 05:41 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,118 Likes on 667 Posts

Don't think that paying more at the other dealer means anything. Just because they are a Porsche dealership does not mean they don't have lazy or incompetent techs or service people. It is unfortunate, but true. Remember, no one cares about your car more than you.
Old 09-30-2015, 07:48 AM
Michael_s
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts

1) Your story is not that unique unfortunately.

2) Clearly this dealer sucks. You should not be afraid to name them to help other board members.

3) Shop around for Indy's and/or other P dealers if you don't want to learn yourself.

4) If you do find another shop, become friends with the tech. Take care of him, make sure he's on your Christmas list and you will be amazed at the attention to detail.

5) While I appreciate your your level of care for your car (albeit a bit ****), the car will not break or stop working due to an under-tightened bolt. Life is a precious gift and this is just a car.... try to relax.

This is my opinion. Not meant to offend the OP or anyone else.....
Old 09-30-2015, 08:15 AM
todd92
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by trucheli
I have the skills and the tools to do it myself but I figured that at $100 labor was not worth it and also if I made a mistake could've been a very costly mistake. I am reconsidering it.
If you think you might make a 'costly mistake' by doing something as simple as an oil change, you definitely don't have the skills. Plus, by doing it yourself you won't get dealer 'stamps' or build good will with your service centre.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:17 AM
Hothonda
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael_s
4) If you do find another shop, become friends with the tech. Take care of him, make sure he's on your Christmas list and you will be amazed at the attention to detail.
Christmas list so I make sure I get what I'm paying for?

Not happening in this lifetime....
Old 09-30-2015, 10:31 AM
Michael_s
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Hothonda
Christmas list so I make sure I get what I'm paying for?

Not happening in this lifetime....
It's how the world works... obviously your choice with how you handle your affairs, but for me, I prefer to take care of the people that take care of me. I tip all my SA's, drop off gifts at xmas time and treat them like business friends. In return, I get top notch service, my car picked and delivered, next day appointments and they actually take the time to listen to what I need and address it correctly. Maybe I should not have to do this, but for me, it's totally worth it... and the result is that you will not see me complaining about having to wait for service, lack of a loaner car, car not being done correctly, etc.... also they are very competitive on price and will even lower usual service prices based upon my relationship with the dealer..... it has paid for itself. I needed brakes for my wife's Panny GTS, they took over 30% off the posted price. Now, they still made money, but the next guy paid full retail. This was a big discount.

When my C4S was coming off lease, my dealer asked me to return it to another dealer so they were not obligated to buy it from PFS... I did. This favor and paid dividends big time.... did I have to no, but well worth it..... I understand your comment "not happening in this lifetime" but I choose to handle it differently and very happy with the results...
Old 09-30-2015, 10:37 AM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,371 Likes on 794 Posts

While I get you're pissed and that its not acceptable, some of the responses are over the top.

It was a mildly loose drain bolt. All that happened were a few drips on the garage floor.

It was, as far as I can tell, taken care of to your satisfaction?

The work was completed at no charge?

Honestly, sucks...find a new mechanic, but its not the end of the world either.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:26 PM
trucheli
Pro

Originally Posted by 96redLT4
Wow. i think with a story like this, you should not be afraid to name the dealership on this thread. After all, you will probably not be going back there and it may save some other poor Rennlister getting their car screwed up.
Jim
I rather not because I believe in giving a second chance. Now the ball is in my field. I will request to talk to the Service manager and get assigned their best technician in order to keep coming back.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:42 PM
trucheli
Pro

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
While I get you're pissed and that its not acceptable, some of the responses are over the top.

It was a mildly loose drain bolt. All that happened were a few drips on the garage floor.

It was, as far as I can tell, taken care of to your satisfaction?

The work was completed at no charge?

Honestly, sucks...find a new mechanic, but its not the end of the world either.
I was hoping that my first experience with Porsche would've been as positive and as good and happy as I am with the car. I was expecting a higher level of professionalism. I was very disappointed because my expectations were high. Unfortunately, I live in Miami and I happen to know how things work here.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:50 PM
trucheli
Pro

Originally Posted by todd92
If you think you might make a 'costly mistake' by doing something as simple as an oil change, you definitely don't have the skills. Plus, by doing it yourself you won't get dealer 'stamps' or build good will with your service centre.
I have been working on my cars all my life. The issue is not my skills, I know that the dealer can use any excuse to deny a warranty issue for whatever reason and I am not willing to take that chance with a six figures car.

Quick Reply: I hate to post this!