Sponsored by:

2014 991 C4-S SUNROOF WEATHER-SEAL ISSUES

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 08:32 AM
Thegman
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2014 991 C4-S SUNROOF WEATHER-SEAL ISSUES

I have noticed that the weather-seal on my sunroof has some issues. Upon opening the roof, the seal on the leading edge of the roof frequently separates from the sunroof. I have pushed back against it and it seems to re-attach to the sunroof. The other day I opened the roof while driving on the highway. I subsequently closed it and continued to drive. When I exited the vehicle I observed that the weather seal was sticking up from the roof of the car by perhaps 1/2 inch. I pushed it back down and it seemed to re-seat itself. What gives? For $150K I want a roof design where the weather-seal works properly.
Anyone else having this problem?
Old 09-10-2015, 09:36 AM
plenum
Burning Brakes

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Hi- Can you post a pic of the seal in question? There are multiple "parts" that make-up the seals around the roof line on sunroof equipped cars.... I've removed and re-installed those on my '14 C4S so perhaps I can shed some light on your issue. Otherwise, or if you don't want to be bothered, take the car to your dealer and make them fix it. You're still under warranty.
Old 09-10-2015, 02:16 PM
Thegman
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by plenum
Hi- Can you post a pic of the seal in question? There are multiple "parts" that make-up the seals around the roof line on sunroof equipped cars.... I've removed and re-installed those on my '14 C4S so perhaps I can shed some light on your issue. Otherwise, or if you don't want to be bothered, take the car to your dealer and make them fix it. You're still under warranty.
Car is under warrantee. I will snap some pics tonight. Can I e-mail them to you? Send me a private message please with e-mail. Thanks

Quick Reply: 2014 991 C4-S SUNROOF WEATHER-SEAL ISSUES