Sponsored by:

Cool new video with 991.2 PSE sound

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 01:21 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,867 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by GSIRM3
As Nancy Pelosi would say, I guess we are just going to have to wait and see/hear what is sounds like. If it does sound good, makes you wonder why Porsche hasn't made the 911 Turbo sound better. Maybe they think the Turbo buyers want a quieter car/engine.
True, but in the video I linked to, it has a nice deep throaty sound to it. Really nice. Then again, it's inside the car, so who knows if it's more artificial/sound symposer than true motor sound. But it's better than the other videos have indicated.

EDIT: Ah, here's the answer from the other thread: To help maintain a respectable flat-six wail, Porsche added plumbing to bring induction noise into the cabin. It works.

That makes sense, as the sound in that video definitely rings of intake noise.
Old 09-11-2015, 01:57 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,328 Likes on 750 Posts

Originally Posted by MKW
try as they have, it has never been accomplished on the" Turbo " aftermarket after decades of attempts ..it still sounded ike a vacuum cleaner from the drivers seat and is just deeper and rortier to passersby but never even CLOSE to the NA sound of each generation and not in the same solar system compared to a GT3 or GT3RS at WOT near redline

the bottom line is how it sounds from the driver's seat ...since it is the driver who is forking out the dough...not total strangers you pass and " impress " ( but in reality **** off ) on the street !
You are most likely not familiar with the Europipe exhausts from Europe. Had 4 previous Porsche TT's, 3 of which had the Europipe exhausts and they sounded glorious. If sound is the only issue with these new models, and I can't believe that this would be a deal breaker, then there will be really good exhausts to choose from. I run a Kline Iconel on my 4S and it way more throaty than the PSE the car came with.

Too much speculation and not enough facts on this thread and others here in this and other forums. I'm waiting to see the real car.
Old 09-11-2015, 04:17 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 350 Likes on 212 Posts
Default Cool new video with 991.2 PSE sound

I'll take a friendly wager that soon enough you will have Porsche offer NA sounds through the speakers. Muscle car V8? Sure! Press this button. Mezger engine sound? Press this button. Ferrari V12? Press this button. Dump truck? Press this button. And so on...

Lame really...
Old 09-11-2015, 05:15 PM
dassArse
Racer

Received 328 Likes on 94 Posts
Default Cool new video with 991.2 PSE sound

Originally Posted by blschaefer1
Another take, from Jalopnik. They think it sounds 'broken'.

http://jalopnik.com/the-new-turbo-po...alopnik.com%2F
Don't worry Michael. popcorn sound exhaust is here! U just bring the Jesus juice.

Hope it makes kettle corn. Delic!
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Cool new video with 991.2 PSE sound