Sponsored by:

Cool new video with 991.2 PSE sound

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 02:48 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,867 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by cloud9blue
Are most of the 991 owners in their early teen or something?

It is not like 991.1 sounds like a Carrera GT anyway. The .2 sounds just fine to me. But you must be an idiot to judge a car just base on some youtube video of its exhaust...
Settle down Francis. Nobody's judging the car based on the exhaust. People are merely commenting on the sound they are hearing in those videos. Nothing more.

And for someone who seems to immediately jump to personal attacks of other Rennlisters in almost every thread, its kinda funny that you would make the teen comment.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:01 PM
cloud9blue
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Settle down Francis. Nobody's judging the car based on the exhaust. People are merely commenting on the sound they are hearing in those videos. Nothing more.

And for someone who seems to immediately jump to personal attacks of other Rennlisters in almost every thread, its kinda funny that you would make the teen comment.
Not even going to dignify that with a proper response, considering it is from you two. But seriously, perhaps find something else to do with your life other than making dozens of useless posts everyday? Try to post something informative for once instead of just making an argument for the sake of an argument on every threads.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:16 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by CommonProject
Once again ppl ****ting on the exhaust are current butthurt 991.1 owners.
What makes you an expert on the condition of other people's butts?

Are you saying that it is OK for some to say they like the sound of the new engine based on video clips, but not OK for someone else to say they don't like the sound based on the same video clip?
Old 09-10-2015, 03:21 PM
CommonProject
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GSIRM3

Are you saying that it is OK for some to say they like the sound of the new engine based on video clips, but not OK for someone else to say they don't like the sound based on the same video clip?
I think you missed my compilation on the last page there. I'm not saying you can't have an opinion, I'm saying making countless posts about it is just plain childish
Old 09-10-2015, 03:30 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Dr. Harry "CommonProject" Fingerman is "in the business" you know?

Old 09-10-2015, 03:41 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by CommonProject
I think you missed my compilation on the last page there. I'm not saying you can't have an opinion, I'm saying making countless posts about it is just plain childish
No, what you said was, "Once again ppl ****ting on the exhaust are current butthurt 991.1 owners". That implies that anyone that says they don't like the sound of the exhaust based on what they have heard, are "butthurt 991.1 owners."
Old 09-10-2015, 04:00 PM
Porschephilliac
Intermediate

Default Help!

Can someone show me how to delete my post? I didn't know criticizing the sound of an exhaust on a video was going to generate such anger.

For the record, my butt is not hurting and I purposely ordered my 991.1 (in production right now) fully knowing the 991.2 was coming out. I think all of us who criticized the sound, were ignorantly thinking that we were commenting on the sound, not subconsciously airing our rectal discomfort.
Old 09-10-2015, 04:06 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,867 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by cloud9blue
Not even going to dignify that with a proper response, considering it is from you two. But seriously, perhaps find something else to do with your life other than making dozens of useless posts everyday? Try to post something informative for once instead of just making an argument for the sake of an argument on every threads.
Dude, seriously, why do you feel the need to moderate all the turbo related threads on here? It's a public forum, open for public comment and debate. If you don't like it, don't read and/or don't post. But please, stop attacking/criticizing the people posting.

I still find it interesting that you magically showed up on RL right when the turbos were announced and most of your posts relate to touting the turbos and mocking anyone who disagrees with you.
Old 09-10-2015, 05:09 PM
CommonProject
Advanced

No, what you said was, "Once again ppl ****ting on the exhaust are current butthurt 991.1 owners". That implies that anyone that says they don't like the sound of the exhaust based on what they have heard, are "butthurt 991.1 owners."
Lol never seen so much insecurity from a bunch of 911 owners
Old 09-10-2015, 05:23 PM
Raven 666
Drifting

Received 91 Likes on 53 Posts

I am sure there will be numerous aftermarket exhausts available to give you the sound that we all want ,,,stock exhaust have never really sounded to crash hot IMO ..............Great video thanks for posting
Old 09-10-2015, 05:24 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by Porschephilliac
Can someone show me how to delete my post? I didn't know criticizing the sound of an exhaust on a video was going to generate such anger.

For the record, my butt is not hurting and I purposely ordered my 991.1 (in production right now) fully knowing the 991.2 was coming out. I think all of us who criticized the sound, were ignorantly thinking that we were commenting on the sound, not subconsciously airing our rectal discomfort.
LOL. You have sinned. Like you, I also jumped at the opportunity to buy my 991 GTS, fully aware of the fact the new turbos were coming out. What was I thinking? And my butt feels fine too. Apparently one poster here has a fetish for others' butts. Better watch our backsides.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:29 PM
Puf n Stuf
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds great compared to Celine Dion.

No wait! Celine is louder, with more soul and character. I've changed my mind; I prefer Celine.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:53 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 836 Likes on 418 Posts

Sounds better then I thought.

The exhaust under load in the 1st video sounds better then someone just revving in the 2nd.
Old 09-10-2015, 07:42 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 350 Likes on 212 Posts
Default Cool new video with 991.2 PSE sound

Sounds like a Dyson vacuum cleaner.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:29 PM
coxswain
Racer

Haha. . . This thread is so much fun, as if we've been magically back to Junior High. Where do you guys find all these butt-related memes and pictures? Without this kind of bantering, Rennlist would be too boring.

BTW, all these turbo exhausts in the videos sound different. I guess it's partly due to the variations in recording equipment.

Quick Reply: Cool new video with 991.2 PSE sound