Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New User First Post

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 05:50 AM
beaverlake
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Paint protection film and coatings are two different solutions to two different problems. PPF like Xpel protects from mechanical damage like rock chips. Despite any claims, coatings make washing easier and do provide some small amount of protection from swirls due to washing but don't provide the paint protection that modern films provide. I have Opticoat over Xpel. The Opticoat was a vary skeptical experiment. Surprisingly so far I'm pleased and I do local PCA concours.

As for options if this is meant to be a long term car or a lease just get what you want and ignore our opinions. If you plan to track or AX then contact your local PCA chapter and get input from local members. If ease of resale or a few thousands of $$$ are a concern when it comes time to sell then stay mainstream on some items that could be polarizing.
Old 09-10-2015, 10:03 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts
Default New User First Post

Originally Posted by heartcolorgrey
I dont exactly know why everyone is hating on the yachting blue seat-belts.

I am NOT doing the whole interior blue, It is standard leather/black. I even posted the build lol.

Thanks for all the replies though, I feel this will be just like m3post.

As for the sunroof, do they really tend to rattle???
Apparently the 3m clearbra is the better way to go vs opticoat/Ceramic Pro/ competitors??
The question is, where are you picking up the blue elsewhere on the car? Usually the belts compliment some other part. It's not a BMW Wondering your rationale?

What about the M3 post?? You asked, you're going to get opinions. The way it goes. You choose.

Get at least the Bose stereo.

Sunroofs have POTENTIAL to rattle just like the other 500 potential rattles on a car.

Paint protection film (PPF) is a FILM applied over the paint. The other coatings are like long term ceramic coatings that wear off. Think of them like a wax job that lasts 12 or more months depending on care. People usually do both PPF and a coating over the film and rest of car. The ceramic coatings DO NOT protect the car against chips or scratches.

I know not related to you:

As far as a full blue interior for those who like them. Buy what you like. I've looked at 1,000's of used 991's and the resale market. A blue interior is a very, very, tough sale. That choice will cost you like an additional minimum 5K loss at resale. Just saying! But like mentioned by the blue fan, get what you like
Old 09-10-2015, 10:35 AM
DaveGee
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 268 Posts

Come on people, he's NOT getting a blue interior. Look at the build sheet in his original post.

DaveGee
Old 09-10-2015, 12:20 PM
ChoyV
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 19 Posts

Came from a 2013 E92 M3 and went for a 2016 991.1 GTS. I didn't get a sunroof since I had a CF roof in my M3. Regarding PCCB, there is a thread going on about it. It is a good info thread. In my case I didn't get it. Fuel cap, seat belt and painted exterior mirror are more of a personal taste. But those are a few that I will let go but the additional price is not bad. The 18-way is a nice one but the 4-way will serve the purpose.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:31 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,407 Likes on 2,514 Posts

One other thing I wanted some opinions on were Clear Bra Vs Ceramic Pro on the entire care.
Dealer wants 1350 for front hood of car. 2000 for Ceramic pro around the whole car.
Don't do any of these services with the dealership. Seek out high quality local vendors in your area for better quality work product and better pricing.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:04 PM
freeman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Regarding Blue interiors and likes/dislikes, my '87 911 and my '95 993 had Blue interiors and were scooped up quickly when offered for sale. My 2015 GTS has a Yachting Blue interior that has been generating multiple remarks of admiration since it arrived in May. As they say...."in the eye of the beholder......"
Old 09-10-2015, 01:11 PM
joe'sdad
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This is pretty funny - I just joined and posted my transition from my M5 to my first 911. Good luck and enjoy! Get what makes you happy.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:13 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 400 Likes on 134 Posts

Nice build.

I just spent 1,600 km with my new 7mt GTS and couldn't be happier.

The alcantera is quite nice, so I wouldn't be so hasty to delete it.

I heartily endorse the sport design and I think the park assist is indispensable if you're going to use the car as a DD. All mod cons.

If you like music, you might think about Burmester. I was truly impressed with its performance.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:16 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 400 Likes on 134 Posts

Sorry, forgot, mine has the glass sunroof and I quite like both the look from the outside and the sunroof functionality when driving. Not a single rattle issue for me. Also, if you're getting rear park assist, why not get the camera?
Old 09-10-2015, 03:23 PM
n2cars
Three Wheelin'

Received 235 Likes on 134 Posts

No on the sunroof. Potential rattles, potential leaks, and potential less enjoyment of a fabulous car.
Upgrade the stereo
My dealer wanted $1298 for clear bra. We finally agreed on $998.
Old 09-10-2015, 05:31 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had a glass sunroof on 3 different 991s, and have not had any issue with rattles or leaks. The glass roof adds a lot of light to the cabin and will look sharp on the white car, especially with the other black GTS accents. I agree with others that you should get at least the Bose stereo.

Whatever you decide on the options, congrats on securing a build slot and on getting one of the last MT NA flat 6's! The 7MT in the GTS is phenomenal and the exhaust sounds so sweet.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:56 PM
G8tor
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

I like my front/rear parking sensors and back-up camera as well as my glass sunroof, no rattles. I bought a slightly used C2S so I didn't have a choice but would consider a targa if I was buying new.
Old 09-10-2015, 10:07 PM
red route 1
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 16 Posts

I dont exactly know why everyone is hating on the yachting blue seat-belts.

I am NOT doing the whole interior blue, It is standard leather/black. I even posted the build lol.

Thanks for all the replies though, I feel this will be just like m3post.

As for the sunroof, do they really tend to rattle???
Apparently the 3m clearbra is the better way to go vs opticoat/Ceramic Pro/ competitors??
I had a TTS Cab with Yachting Blue and White exterior, was awesome. But none of this discussion matters because the Yachting Blue leather has not been available for a couple of months.

The glass roofs I've had never rattled but I personally don't like the look. Nor the ducktail. I love the PCCB's and I won't justify it beyond that, it's all up to you. Including the clear bra, too many options.
Old 09-12-2015, 11:44 AM
c_Gio
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Daily driver? If yes, skip alcantara and incl premium plus. 18 ways fit my body better, some prefer 14 ways--try sitting in both at dealer.

Quick Reply: New User First Post