Sponsored by:

Targa GTS build

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2015, 02:57 PM
mdkrp
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts
Default Targa GTS build

So guess I am a bit schizo! I went from seriously looking for a 3.2 Carrera coupe to a new Targa GTS; build is in December and to arrive in Jan.

As always, my car is a DD so I had to make some creature comfort trade-offs. I will prob not track it more than a few days/yr so the emphasis is on just DD fun.

here is my build: http://www.porsche-code.com/PGS9JQV2

only things I am not sure about are the MF steering wheel (very handy but butt ugly!) and fire extinguisher (hope to never need it but kind of cool).
I am not an Alcantara guy so went with leather.
any constructive comments/criticisms welcome.

cheers
Old 08-22-2015, 03:31 PM
mgflyfish
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice build--I'm expecting my GTS4 Cab-- in late Oct. I hemmed and hawed between Sapphire and Dark Blue--http://www.porsche-code.com/PGJADNF7
I'd say auto-dimming mirrors--are a good thing to have on such a low slung monster--esp down in the land of pickups and cacti--like the aluminum pedals--and with those leather seats--ventilation--
the wait is a bastard--
Old 08-22-2015, 04:07 PM
Dangelus
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice build; suggest you consider sport design steering wheel. Better looking plus has larger paddel shifters. Best part, free upgrade.
Old 08-22-2015, 04:16 PM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

Received 1,762 Likes on 692 Posts

Great build, it will be awesome. I went back and forth between Sapphire Blue and Carmine Red and I couldn't be happier with how the Red turned out. But I think I would equally have loved Sapphire.

I did the interior painted package and it really sets the car off. A good addition since like me you don't want Alcantara and therefore no GTS interior. I wish my car had the deviated stitching but the red accents on the interior trim are beautiful and pretty rare.

After spending a lot of time sitting in various cars I found the 18 way seats much more comfortable so I went with those over the 14. The 14 hit my shoulders in a strange way. So hopefully you have a lot of seat time to help you decide.

After a long wait my car is finally sitting out in the garage ready for the next fun drive. I hope your wait goes by fast and that you do a better job of distracting yourself than I did

Jeff
Old 08-22-2015, 05:41 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 400 Likes on 134 Posts

Nice build. Far distance from a 3.2 Carrera!

I'd second the comment about making sure you like the 14-ways better than the 18-ways. I found the latter more comfortable (6'3" / 200 lbs).

Since you're using it as a daily driver, if you like music, you might consider going all the way to Burmester.

I decided against PSP on my build. There are a couple of threads about it if you're interested. NoGABiker had his uninstalled by his dealer, so if you decide you don't like it, sounds like it's NBD.
Old 08-22-2015, 05:45 PM
fjpdds
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 14 Posts

Excellent!

Quick Reply: Targa GTS build