Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Locking passenger door

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2015 | 12:32 AM
ricm
Instructor

Default Locking passenger door

My '13 991 keeps the passenger door locked when exiting from the drivers side.
Even though the driver's side is unlocked, the passenger door will remain locked. It's irritating to have to reach in from the driver's side in order to unlock the other door. My dealer said that this is 'normal'. Thoughts??
Old 08-22-2015 | 12:36 AM
drcollie
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ricm
My '13 991 keeps the passenger door locked when exiting from the drivers side.
Even though the driver's side is unlocked, the passenger door will remain locked. It's irritating to have to reach in from the driver's side in order to unlock the other door. My dealer said that this is 'normal'. Thoughts??
You can change the setting in your onboard menu preferences under VEHICLE.
Old 08-22-2015 | 01:31 AM
ricm
Instructor

Originally Posted by drcollie
You can change the setting in your onboard menu preferences under VEHICLE.
My dealer and I tried it and the door still remains locked. Had a driver's window auto up/down issue (didn't work) so they thought that that it and the door locking would be fixed with an update. The window issue was fixed but the auto lock/unlock issue remains.

So your passenger door does indeed unlock with the key out and when exiting the driver's side? I can't remember.
Old 08-22-2015 | 06:34 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Time for a new dealer. This is not normal and you can program the pass door to unlock/lock along with the driver side door. It is in the Settings menu. If your car does not do this, it needs to be fixed.
Old 08-22-2015 | 08:43 AM
Dangelus
Instructor

Agree. 100% correct.
Old 08-22-2015 | 10:28 AM
Sharm
Pro

Default Locking passenger door

There is this mysterious document located in the glove box that I discovered while searching the car. Within this tome ye answer lies.
Old 08-22-2015 | 11:14 AM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
Time for a new dealer. This is not normal and you can program the pass door to unlock/lock along with the driver side door. It is in the Settings menu. If your car does not do this, it needs to be fixed.

possibly a defective BCM ( body control module ) ...all cars of the last couple decades have one and interior gremlins are often traced back to it ..it is a unplug/ plug unit...surprised your dealer did not make a service appt for this fairly minor but annoying defect
BCMs go nuts often prob due to moisture/ humidity , heat , voltage/ current variations, etc
Old 08-22-2015 | 12:23 PM
ricm
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sharm
There is this mysterious document located in the glove box that I discovered while searching the car. Within this tome ye answer lies.
Dammit! I looked and all I found was a couple of granola bars and an old grocery store receipt.

Your wit is amusing, albeit useless.
Old 08-22-2015 | 03:23 PM
ricm
Instructor

Originally Posted by MKW
possibly a defective BCM ( body control module ) ...all cars of the last couple decades have one and interior gremlins are often traced back to it ..it is a unplug/ plug unit...surprised your dealer did not make a service appt for this fairly minor but annoying defect
BCMs go nuts often prob due to moisture/ humidity , heat , voltage/ current variations, etc
Thanks. A return service visit has been made.
Old 11-17-2016 | 01:10 PM
dloines
Advanced

was there a solution to this? have same issue remove key exit vehicle but passenger door stays locked? read owners manual and tried settings in PCM to no avail??

Quick Reply: Locking passenger door