Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT - F1 Returns

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2015 | 08:02 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Default OT - F1 Returns

To the other F1 fans on the forum, I'm very much looking forward to watching Spa this weekend.

In case you don't follow Tiff on Twitter, here's a great tweet that he just sent:

"@tiff_tv: Spa tomoro and if I see one more slowmo of car straightlining top of Eau Rouge I'm going to park my rental on apex and say Now Take it Flat!"

Happy Friday!
Old 08-21-2015 | 11:44 PM
Ski Porsche
Rennlist Member

Funny. Spa is my favorite F1 venue. I'm out-of-town until Sunday night. That means Monday night, a bowl of popcorn and a couple hours of Spa on DVR.
Old 08-22-2015 | 03:15 AM
johnireland
Rennlist Member

I must say I am happily impressed with most of the drivers. And I think Kimi staying with Ferrari may make for a less silly silly season. I only hope the series returns to non-hybrid cars sooner than later.
Old 08-22-2015 | 02:38 PM
Key Left
Pro

Originally Posted by johnireland
I must say I am happily impressed with most of the drivers. And I think Kimi staying with Ferrari may make for a less silly silly season. I only hope the series returns to non-hybrid cars sooner than later.
That will never happen. Did you happen to catch President Obama's recent speech on the enviroment. The enviroment creates more jobs and business than you can shake a stick at. Get used to watching Formula E, it is the only future of motorsport.
Old 08-22-2015 | 03:15 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Key Left
That will never happen. Did you happen to catch President Obama's recent speech on the enviroment. The enviroment creates more jobs and business than you can shake a stick at. Get used to watching Formula E, it is the only future of motorsport.
Funny, now that all the complaints about the turbo exhaust sound have died down, imagine the flak over the sound of no exhaust.
Old 08-24-2015 | 02:48 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

They sound better now lately...not too bad...but I miss the ear shredding sound, in person (Canada and Austin)they were dangerous to the ears...loved it
Old 08-24-2015 | 05:15 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mathfuzzy
To the other F1 fans on the forum, I'm very much looking forward to watching Spa this weekend.

In case you don't follow Tiff on Twitter, here's a great tweet that he just sent:

"@tiff_tv: Spa tomoro and if I see one more slowmo of car straightlining top of Eau Rouge I'm going to park my rental on apex and say Now Take it Flat!"

Happy Friday!
great race!
Old 08-25-2015 | 04:11 PM
mgent
Rennlist Member

I don't think the sound is purely the turbo/hybrid issue... The high-pitch 'shrieking' is largely the result of the fuel flow limits... They all shift WELL below the allowable redline - going from 18k to 13k is a lot of the volume and pitch... Yes, turbo's will always be quieter, but keep the total fuel levels for the race and remove the fuel flow limits...

Also agree that they will never go backwards. Technology in street cars (remember manufacturers make all F1 engines) is going turbo/hybrid, so it makes sense for the race cars to do the same... I do wish they would take the WEC route and just define a few simple constraints, and allow broad development in engines - like XX megajoules of power per lap and XX amount of fuel or air to constrain HP, and allow freedom beyond that...

Quick Reply: OT - F1 Returns