Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parkassist Workaround

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 09:07 PM
tekniik
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have added the parking sensors to my order (has not locked yet) but I'm debating about getting the camera as well. Is it possible to disable the camera and just use the sensors if desired?
Old 08-04-2015, 05:14 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,632 Likes on 2,358 Posts

Originally Posted by hinckley
I live in a city. I parallel park often. Every day, I need a three-point turn to back my car into a parking spot between two other cars. Oh, it's a cab.

I have all the sensors and camera. They're very nice to have and I don't object to the bumper sensors. But if I did, I'd have no problem going without the parking aids. As I say, they're nice to have, but the car is small and if you use your mirrors and don't mind turning your head (omg!), it's an easy car to maneuver in any direction.
having said that. especially in a cab, the rear visibility is poor top down, and worse top up (some serious blindspots) so I would say that PA w/camera is
a must have on a cab.

Especially if you dont want to curb rash your wheels or ding a bumper, its worth the extra peace of mind IMO
Old 08-05-2015, 02:07 AM
fastdiablo
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
Especially if you dont want to curb rash your wheels or ding a bumper, its worth the extra peace of mind IMO
If I curb rashed my centerlocks, I would weep indefinitely.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:37 PM
mtbscott
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My lot car came with front/rear parking sensors. I could totally live without them, if I'd ordered my car I would have saved the $995.

Quick Reply: Parkassist Workaround