Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Order Blocked - Yes You Read It Right!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 06:13 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts
Default Order Blocked - Yes You Read It Right!!

^^^ GTS model is like 2+ years after. Assuming you're adding your months

2012.5 new 991

GTS comes out in 2015
Old 07-26-2015, 06:15 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by fastdiablo
What exactly do you mean your order was "blocked"? It sounds to me like your dealer simply didn't get an allocation. I would search around because these cars are out there if burn the calories to find them. Best of luck.
Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
Tell them you want an S with a Power Kit at no extra cost over the base Carrera 4 if they are going to pull this stuff. And everything else that would have been standard on the GTS.
Jeez gents, the OP lives in Dubai. How many Porsche dealerships do you suppose there are in Dubai?
Old 07-27-2015, 07:06 AM
busta2706
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got a call from Porsche after they emailed me a series of 2016 pre-specd cars on the way and they told me to ignore the email because....(drum roll).....my order went through!!!!!!!

And it was the only one as well......October prod so should be here by December and into my loving arms by January....

In a way I would not have minded getting the facelift but this is the only chance to get the NA engine and the turbo engines will be there in the future...plus I was really hating that engine cover on the facelift....

Anyway happy days ahead
Old 07-27-2015, 07:36 AM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by busta2706
I just got a call from Porsche after they emailed me a series of 2016 pre-specd cars on the way and they told me to ignore the email because....(drum roll).....my order went through!!!!!!!
Congrats Busta. You hit the jackpot. You'll probably get one of the last NA 911 GTSes produced and maybe one of the last 911 GTSes of any kind for a while. And you'll get the exact spec you wanted. Great news all around.
Old 07-27-2015, 07:38 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Good for you!

IMO, the standard engine cover on the GTS is not much better than the facelift engine cover.
Old 07-27-2015, 07:38 AM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

busta, I may have asked this question before, but do you know how cars are transported to Dubai? Can they go thru the Suez or do they have to take the long way around?
Old 07-27-2015, 11:16 AM
NoGaBiker
Drifting

Received 233 Likes on 125 Posts

Whew! Glad it worked out for you, Busta. When I started reading about 991.2 early this year I accelerated my planned GTS purchase from autumn (after concluding a major deal in my company) to this past spring, for that very reason. I didn't want to find out when I went to purchase that the factory simply wasn't going to make any more GTSs, and while I could get one, it would have been spec'd by somebody else. There was no concrete info on when that would happen, or how early the pipeline would fill with people wanting to accelerate their purchases because of not wanting to have the first-year turbo car.

Glad you snuck in at the last moment!
Old 07-27-2015, 12:41 PM
reuben991
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGaBiker
Whew! Glad it worked out for you, Busta. When I started reading about 991.2 early this year I accelerated my planned GTS purchase from autumn (after concluding a major deal in my company) to this past spring, for that very reason. I didn't want to find out when I went to purchase that the factory simply wasn't going to make any more GTSs, and while I could get one, it would have been spec'd by somebody else. There was no concrete info on when that would happen, or how early the pipeline would fill with people wanting to accelerate their purchases because of not wanting to have the first-year turbo car.

Glad you snuck in at the last moment!
My wife and I were in the exact same situation. We were originally planning to get a Cayman GTS on lease for 3 years and then switch to the 911. However, the switch to turbo engines rapidly accelerated our 911 purchase plans.
Old 07-27-2015, 12:59 PM
busta2706
Intermediate

Originally Posted by hinckley
busta, I may have asked this question before, but do you know how cars are transported to Dubai? Can they go thru the Suez or do they have to take the long way around?
Hi Hinkley,

Apologies if I missed your query before. To be honest I have no idea but I imagine they would take the shortest possible route so probably through Suez..
Old 07-27-2015, 01:05 PM
busta2706
Intermediate

Thanks Guys...to be honest being a guinea pig is something I experienced before and am not willing to do that again on the first ever turbo engine on a 911.

A long long time ago I picked one of the fist BMW 630i convertibles (maybe even the first as it was being placed in the showroom at the time I was there before I told them to take it off the floor so nobody touches it) and I spent the first 6 months going back and forth with problems....I even considered clocking in and out from BMW and asking for a salary and maybe even a promotion...

The wait is now a bit longer till Jan but it is so worth it...

Quick Reply: Order Blocked - Yes You Read It Right!!