PCM and Bluetooth...

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 01:32 PM
Michael15
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCM and Bluetooth...

So my iPhone hooks up great to my PCM via bluetooth...no problems...except:

About 80% of the time I goto the "Source" button and there is an option to select "iPhone bluetooth symbol". I select that and can listen to my Sirrius App from my phone. The other 20% of the time the option does not come up on the Source menu....I have no idea why its so random. I know i can plug the phone in w/USB and can get it the same way. Anyone else have this problem w/o using the USB??
Old 07-26-2015, 04:22 AM
PTGFAR
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I don't have a Porsche yet. With my Jeep, it makes a difference what I was last using the iPhone for before getting into the car.

Try using the Sirrius app just before getting into the car.
Old 07-26-2015, 06:14 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 836 Likes on 418 Posts

I had the same thing happen to me with my HTC one. I went and deleated all previous saved pairings in the car and also on the phone and started from scratch. Once I made a new bluetooth paring and accepted the cars PCM control its been pairing up for the last few weeks like it was designed. Good luck.. it can and was frustrating.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:15 PM
Michael15
Instructor

Thanks guys! I was on my way to Seaside Market to pick up some steaks for my bride and I enjoying regular FM radio...NOT! After I arrived at the market I looked on my phone to see if anyone had responded with a solution. I tried both of the suggestions above...turned the car off restarted and still no Bluetooth via Music/Sirrus, but the phone works great... Well I go in buy the steaks. On the way to my car I Help an elderly lady load her groceries, pet a dog, and generally just take in the great town I live in! Guess what?? The Bluetooth was working again when I started the car....Go figure??? Who knows if it will continue to operate as designed but at least I had a nice 10mile drive home laughing at the Howard Stern show!!! BaBaBooey!!!!
Old 07-27-2015, 12:54 AM
jdmstuff
7th Gear

Originally Posted by Michael15
Thanks guys! I was on my way to Seaside Market to pick up some steaks for my bride and I enjoying regular FM radio...NOT! After I arrived at the market I looked on my phone to see if anyone had responded with a solution. I tried both of the suggestions above...turned the car off restarted and still no Bluetooth via Music/Sirrus, but the phone works great... Well I go in buy the steaks. On the way to my car I Help an elderly lady load her groceries, pet a dog, and generally just take in the great town I live in! Guess what?? The Bluetooth was working again when I started the car....Go figure??? Who knows if it will continue to operate as designed but at least I had a nice 10mile drive home laughing at the Howard Stern show!!! BaBaBooey!!!!
Maybe karma helped it connect properly. Next time trip the old lady and kick the dog and see what happens.
Old 07-27-2015, 02:28 AM
TxHoon
Advanced

I had a similar issue with the PCM dropping the bluetooth function. It never dropped the phone connection but the BT audio would drop off and disconnect.

The service department had some setting that was incorrect. They reset it to factory specs and then set it up for however the US deliveries are supposed to be set. No problems now for over 18 months.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:01 AM
Michael15
Instructor

Originally Posted by TxHoon
I had a similar issue with the PCM dropping the bluetooth function. It never dropped the phone connection but the BT audio would drop off and disconnect.

The service department had some setting that was incorrect. They reset it to factory specs and then set it up for however the US deliveries are supposed to be set. No problems now for over 18 months.
Thanks! I will check with the Porsche service!

Quick Reply: PCM and Bluetooth...