Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Poll of free accessories / parts to ask for during new car purchase

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2015 | 09:48 PM
sracer
Instructor

Originally Posted by Archimedes
The $50 one or the $200 clip in one you actually paid for as an option?

I got a sweet deal on a leftover Cayman S and it came with the leather key pouch, which was... a $200 option! It's useless. I threw it in the trash.
i'd guess the 50 buck one. I paid $0 for it, was buying CPO.
Old 07-15-2015 | 09:52 PM
Vise
Drifting

I got a few nice things from my dealer but I didn't explicitly ask... at pickup got the red Porsche brake disc keychain, another dealer branded leather key chain, and a set of Porsche winter mats. My sales guy also gave me the Porsche/Mobil1 oil bag and the small Porsche umbrella when he found out it was my birthday a few days after pickup.

I also received a nice package from Porsche Canada in the mail a couple months after purchase... hard cover Porsche book, certificate of authenticity, and a nice Porsche logo paperweight with my name, model, and VIN on it. No complaints I guess.
Old 07-16-2015 | 08:34 AM
MJBird993
Drifting

Très amuse. My favorites, in order:

Originally Posted by STG991
Asking for "free" stuff after the fact has no class.
Originally Posted by LexVan
Chuck991's pharmacy must be closed again.
Originally Posted by Archimedes
Seriously though, OP, there is a new owner package they used to give to first time buyers, called a handy. So when you pick up your car, remember to ask your salesman for a handy.
I got nothing, zip, nada, from my 100K+ purchase except a wet, clammy handshake. I did, however, later receive an official Porsche lanyard and pen from my salesman when I left him a good Google review.

My favorite was my old BMW store that would send me cookies after I bought a car from them. Who doesn't like cookies?
Old 07-16-2015 | 09:12 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

I got the car I paid for. The license plate cover with the dealer's name and number on it was free (but maybe that was a hidden cost?). I took it off as soon as I got home.
Old 07-16-2015 | 09:44 AM
RobC4sX51
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
I got the car I paid for. The license plate cover with the dealer's name and number on it was free (but maybe that was a hidden cost?). I took it off as soon as I got home.
Yes, these are annoying as are decals advertising the dealer on the paint. Kindly ask them to remove such things before you drive off! Key chains and sun visors are the only "free" stuff I ever got but then Only bought Cpo cars!
Old 07-16-2015 | 09:55 AM
STG
Race Director

Default Poll of free accessories / parts to ask for during new car purchase

Originally Posted by RobC4sX51
but then Only bought Cpo cars!
You know how much $$$ you saved there. Good call!

More than enough to buy a few "no charge" or "free" goodies that are worth under $50

Save $1,000's and buy the free pen from the parts counter yourself

Trade in the new car you just bought a month later, and you've just lost at least 10K assuming it has under 1K miles. You'll see how far the free pen went.

Quick Reply: Poll of free accessories / parts to ask for during new car purchase